How is the training going

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: How is the training going

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:42 pm

endorphins have worn off noo :(
feels awful! hoot a come down :roll: :lol:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:56 pm

Always the low following the high's 4th gen.
In comparison, I have just had a high after 4 low weeks, 3.5 miles on treadmill, followed by 3.5 road run, and no after effects, yet.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:06 pm

great time 4th Gen. I love the smell of peat in the morning!!

Ninja--nice to have you back on the road.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:45 pm

Ran 10 miles from Southend to town today, 10 miles clocked. Farthest I've ran in two years or so and with no pain what so ever :D :D Really enjoyed it and looking forward to my indian and bottle of wine now :D
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fja » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 am

Hope you enjoyed your well deserved dinner! Just to let folks know that the trails around and about Lussa are dicey at the moment - harvesting etc going on apace and some are closed eg Corrylach to Bordadhu. Not being high on adherence i ignored the closed signs and ended up having to run/walk on lumps of rock for a mile or so. Quite a bit of plant traffic too which caught me by surprise as i was running down the middle of track with ipod plugged in - i think the chap had been hooting for quite a while :oops: Anyway eventually clocked what i need 3+ hours later. And the guy driving the vehicle was very understanding :)
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Katfer wrote:Ran 10 miles from Southend to town today, 10 miles clocked. Farthest I've ran in two years or so and with no pain what so ever :D :D Really enjoyed it and looking forward to my indian and bottle of wine now :D

Well done katfer ....ran that route a few weeks ago but from town and it was a lonely 10 miles on that soothend road . :oops: Hope you enjoyed your well deserved BOTTLE of wine , see how we have all moved up from the odd glass . :wink:

Thanks for the info fja ...and well done on your 3+ hours on the legs ...good day for it yesterday . Hope to see you Tues for training if you about . :)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:44 pm

set out running twice tonight into the westerly gale....turned back twice when the sheets of horizontal rain joined in. I do hate turning back and if I had been a mile out I would have persevered but I just couldn't do it....

Need to pedal my bike like billyO to make up for it.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:22 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:set out running twice tonight into the westerly gale....turned back twice when the sheets of horizontal rain joined in. I do hate turning back and if I had been a mile out I would have persevered but I just couldn't do it....

A few of us JS girls went out too 4th gen and got caught in a few heavy showers about mile 3 , then had to fight the wind on our way back home form the sheep fanks so it was tough going at times but we managed to cover 7 miles of hard training even though we got soaked thru ...feet were squelching in the trainers :oops: Bike sounded a better option last night . 8)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:38 am

I feel like a big softie girl's blouse now! next time I will batter through the wind and rain like you tough JS lassies!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:37 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:I feel like a big softie girl's blouse now! next time I will batter through the wind and rain like you tough JS lassies!

You need to come with us 4th gen :wink: ...us lassies braised the elements again last night and headed up to Lossit /Ballygroggan Farm as part of our Thurs night hill training . The push about that run is that you know its tough on the way up but a breeze on the way down :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Thats's two 20 milers done and dusted for me over the last couple of weeks, first with joc round the mok and the bruntland second on my own with support from dad and wee josh - they dropped me off at tayinloan and i ran home to the shipyard. :D liking the long lonely miles :D only 15 this week so looking forward to upping the pace a little. next week is last of the heavy weeks!! - already - 22 miles lsr and i am severely tempted to do the whole way round the learside and southend as it has been a goal of mine for many years after seeing morris mcintyre doing it - but know it will take a lot out of me - will wait n see how i feel - think i will cope with it as long as i keep my focus - loving the training and the sleeping after the training :lol:

cant believe we are nearly there us 3 musketeers all ready for dublin in the green :D

wee toon plodder - were you there with the gang doing this one all those years ago?
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:40 pm

well done katfer, is that your first time doing the ten since you dragged me down it with a hangover one sunday :lol:
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:01 pm

fiona28 wrote:well done katfer, is that your first time doing the ten since you dragged me down it with a hangover one sunday :lol:

Pretty much Fiona. It's taken me a long time to get my fitness back to physically and mentally try more than 6 miles. Quite chuffed.

Your mileage certainly puts mine to shame though......maybe one day :wink:

Not long now for you now, I'm sure you'll all fly round the 26 miles, all looking really strong at the moment.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby weetoonplodder » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:45 am

hi fiona

as much as around the Learside is tempting to do, id seriously forget it till after ur Dublin run since its only 4 weeks till you do it, id leave it till about 3 weeks after uve done Dublin and u've recovered, it would have been a good one for you to have trained on but really there are too many hills on it for you to even consider it at this stage. The WALL is not a funny thing to hit and the last thing that u want to do is hit it and give urself a right sickner a few weeks before ur big day, i hit it on a long Sunday run around Ugadale about six weeks before the Glasgow marathon in 87 and it took me about 45mins to get from the caliburn quarry to ur mum and dads house, it really does not you for six, give the learside a wide berth till after ur Dublin run

ive never actually went right around the Learside myself but used to run down to the 8th mile stone and double back to the 7th then go back to the 8th and then turn and head for home, gave me a good 18-19mile run,

when we were out years ago we used to run from the town up past Pininver to Ugadale and go along the forestry and back down Gobagrennan that gives you a good 17miles

if uve done 22miles for ur longest run now then id drop back down to 17-18mile runs next week then 14mile runs the next week and then do a bit of speed work for the last 10 days
weetoonplodder
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby fja » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:48 am

Food for thought indeed, weetoonplodder. What to do? -I'm planning Machrihanish to the Tearoom via Learside tomorrow for my LSR, tea room and slow being the operative words. In an odd way I find the hills easier (but I do walk every so often) - its those long straights that are the killer runs for me. Fiona, were you talking about a round trip - Learside outward bound and main road inward bound? That does sound like a post Dublin plan; count me in. And hey that would put us into the ultra category - how cool would that be! Tarahumara here we come :D
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat