Webcam

Latest news and updates from the www.visitkintyre.info website featuring a NEW LIVE webcam - click here to see

Re: Webcam

Postby Kevin Mc » Sat May 22, 2010 12:57 am

jdcarra wrote:
Kevin Mc wrote:What's this boat at the old quay then? :)


Kevin

Its the Ronja Viking, a live fish carrier. It has been transporting salmon to the harvesting plant at Portavadie.


Thanks for that. 8) It's an odd looking thing - just looks like a huge fishing boat..

There always seems to be a big boat/ship at the new quay as well these days. Good to see it looking busy :)
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:00 pm
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire


Re: Webcam

Postby Kevin Mc » Wed May 26, 2010 12:09 pm

Is it me or has the webcam moved? "Main Street" now seems to be pointing at Woolies (can never remember what it is now) with Main Street mostly out of view.

Looks like a nice day up there today. Cloudy and cold in Sheffield today..
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:00 pm
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire


Re: Webcam

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed May 26, 2010 8:04 pm

Kevin Mc wrote:Is it me or has the webcam moved? "Main Street" now seems to be pointing at Woolies (can never remember what it is now) with Main Street mostly out of view.

Looks like a nice day up there today. Cloudy and cold in Sheffield today..


Sorry Kevinm, was slightly moved - my project for June is to get this webcam outside!!

Especially after it is the main camera images for the BBC site about webcams in Scotland!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/glasgowandwestscotland/hi/
User avatar
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 6017
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:50 pm
Location: Campbeltown


Re: Webcam

Postby Malky » Wed May 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Ship called Dignity wrote:Especially after it is the main camera images for the BBC site about webcams in Scotland!

Well done sir! Fame at last 8)
User avatar
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:08 pm


Re: Webcam

Postby Kevin Mc » Thu May 27, 2010 6:29 am

Ship called Dignity wrote:
Sorry Kevinm, was slightly moved - my project for June is to get this webcam outside!!

Especially after it is the main camera images for the BBC site about webcams in Scotland!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/glasgowandwestscotland/hi/


On the front page of the news item too 8) Excellent :D

The office where I work has no windows at all, so it's really nice to check out the Campbeltown webcam. Has a nice calming effect in the midst of the drudgery of work :D Keep up the good work, it is much appreciated. :)
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:00 pm
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire


Re: Webcam

Postby Kevin Mc » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Another odd looking vessel in the loch tonight:

Image

Found some info on the yacht here:

http://sites.google.com/site/larinkawingsail/home
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:00 pm
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire


Re: Webcam

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:34 am

Is that a Fishery Protection ship in the harbour or H.M.R.C.Enforcement vessel?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 3121
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 10:39 am


Previous

Return to News from www.visitkintyre.info

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests