Music Festival 2010

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Re: Music Festival 2010

Postby StephenJ » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:01 am

Assuming that the heritage centre is too small to accommodate the same size of audience as the picture house, wouldn't the school hall be the next closest venue in size? Was that possibility investigated?
StephenJ
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Mack » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:24 am

Hello StephenJ,

Yes - almost every avenue was investigated before deciding on the Vic for this type of event. The only venue close to the required size was the Grammar School Hall; however, this was rejected because of its location. The idea of the festival is to keep everything in close proximity to the town centre, that way people can mix and match their enjoyment across the weekend. We are at the moment working on a possible solution - so maybe next year we will have an answer.

Thanks to everyone for their interest - i'll keep you all posted if a solution is found.
Mack
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:46 am

I really hope a solution for the Picture House can be found as a venue for 2011. I went to see Eddi Reader there and it was truly brilliant! What a superb venue and I remembering feel very proud that evening that this very very unique and special place belongs to Campbeltown! It was and is the PERFECT venue!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bitter End » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Yes Yes Yes !!!!!!!!!
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby WC1 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:34 pm

StephenJ wrote:Assuming that the heritage centre is too small to accommodate the same size of audience as the picture house, wouldn't the school hall be the next closest venue in size? Was that possibility investigated?

The Grammar School hall will seat up to about 500 (the Picture House seats 265). It has proper stage electrics and a full lighting rig already installed (with both analogue and DMX connections to the back of the hall for mixing etc.).

Unfortunately it wouldn't have been available for the 2010 festival, as the works to replace ceilings, lighting and heating system in the hall, gyms and dining rooms (including the new FOH lighting bars) were only completed that weekend.

The school hall will be available next year. As for distance to the town centre, I think it's not much more than 600 yards . . .
WC1
WC1
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Previous

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival