Highlight(s) of the weekend?

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Highlight(s) of the weekend?

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:00 pm

What were your highlights of the weekend?

Mine were Hot Seats at Friday nights Ceilidh, Hoots Heppenin on Saturday night, good yarn with Johnny Hill and going to work on Monday without a hangover after deciding not to go out on Sunday at all! 8)

Heard Survivors Night went really well.

Great the weather stayed dry for Saturday too.

Well done to everyone on the Committee for putting together a cracking weekend for the town. I don't think I have ever seen so many visitors to Campbeltown - so well done to you all. 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Highlight(s) of the weekend?

Postby FACEMAN » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:31 pm

It has to be "A New Hope" on sunday night.Played a cracking set with Rab Black guesting on keyboard which added an extra edge to there songs.
I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!
FACEMAN
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby knock » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Hoots Heppenin on saturday and sunday night

Highlight also - meeting all my old schoolmates after all these years, missed a few though :lol:

what a fantastic weekend! :D :D :D
knock
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby DrumYourOwnBeat » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:15 am

knock wrote:Hoots Heppenin on saturday and sunday night

:D
DrumYourOwnBeat
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby IainJ » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Hope this works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XusqSv-vT4

Iain
IainJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bitter End » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:56 pm

works damn fine ! --- noo thats well done fur a wee bit o the feel o the thing !!!!!! :D
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:58 pm

IainJ wrote:

Hope this works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XusqSv-vT4

Iain

And if you click on the youtube icon when you post you can embed it on to here. :D

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DrumYourOwnBeat » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:19 pm

Good to see the crowd jumping about and enjoying it! I couldn't see anything from behind my drum kit! Haha.
DrumYourOwnBeat
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

The Hot Seats Blog ... on the MOKF

Postby Mary G » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:38 am

I was unable to see the Hot Seats at the MOKF, since we only reached the town very late on Friday. Anyway, saw them in Glasgow last night - great fun.

Also got round to reading their Facebook blog, and thought you might enjoy reading what they said about the Festival, the town, and most interestingly, about Fergie! Enjoy ...

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... 0885708328

Day #1: Aaron already having arrived in the UK, the other four members of the band flew from Richmond to Glasgow, with a layover in Newark. . . .

Upon landing in Glasgow, we were met by our old friend Gerald, driver, tour manager, and roadie extraordinaire, and also Mr. Pokey LaFarge, our great pal from the road – ragtime guitarist and songwriter. Gerald took us all to where Pokey was being dropped off, and then sported us all to the first gig – the Mull of Kintyre Festival in Campbeltown. The drive was incredibly beautiful, a single windy road that took us past giant lochs, rolling green hills, and finally ended in the town of Campbeltown, right on the Atlantic. Puffins? Yes! Stiff North Atlantic breeze? Yes! Large crowd in a high school gymnasium (with a basketball hoop)? Yes!

The festival was a good deal of fun. The crowd was composed mostly of older folks, chatting and drinking at tables. Our set was well received, and many folks came up to us after the set to chat about this or that. However, the highlight was the band that followed us, a genuine Ceilidh band. It was when this band came along that the festival REALLY hit its stride. If you've never been to a Ceilidh, there are a series of dances that, apparently, everyone knows how to do. The band says, “and now we'll play this NEXT song (insert a title)!” The crowd goes crazy, and all these older, some of them wizened, Scottish folks rush to the floor, and twirl, promenade, and generally go crazy. The band in this case was two accordions, trapset, and electric piano. The basically played the same tempo all night, and it was entirely infectious – both the music and the enthusiasm of the dancers.
    The night ended with a late night food and drink session back at the hotel. There was a Scottish band playing a mixture of classic country hits (“The Wreck of the Old 97”) and other such tunes.

Day 2: We left out of Campbeltown early (7am) in the morning in order to make it to Stirling for midday. The charming curvy road of the day before was all of a sudden a little less nice, as you may imagine. We headed back to the Tollbooth, where we had played last year with the Wilders, for the Dark Holler Festival II. ...
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival