How'd the Dalriada Concert go this year?

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

How'd the Dalriada Concert go this year?

Postby Ptarmigan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Another year with no sign of the Ballycastle Ferry ever returning, which meant, no Dalriada Concert for me ... again! :(

So tell me, how did it go?

I'm sure it was once again, the highlight for all those seriously interested in Traditional Music, especially the musical links between Argyll & Antrim.

Cheers
Dick
Ptarmigan
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: How'd the Dalriada Concert go this year?

Postby Mack » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:39 pm

I cannot remember a festival where the concerts were as good. Dervish were brilliant at the Picture House, as were Fribo. The Hot Seats at the Friday Ceilidh stole the show. Chilli Pipers rocked the house on Saturday night. Survivors Night was as good as I can recall - with every band in over-drive.

Dalriada Connections was simply the best value for money concert at the event. The line-up was absolutely excellent!! Hours and hours of wonderful traditional music.
Mack
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ptarmigan » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:48 am

Hey Mack, that's great news! :)

Let's hope the Ferry is running for next year's festival!

Cheers
Dick
Ptarmigan
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Annie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:09 am

Have to agree that this year's concerts were even better than last years. Especially the Dalriada concert. You missed a real treat there!
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ptarmigan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:23 pm

For Les & friends & anyone else who saw me play at previous Dalriada Concerts, here are a couple of Video clips of me playing sets of Polkas & Waltzes with two friends on BBC2s 'Blas Ceoil', in Derrygonnelly, Co. Fermanagh, a couple of weeks ago.

Ciarán Kelly, Ciarán Curran, and Dick Glasgow playing Joe Ryan's Waltz/ Jimí Bhidí Mhicís Waltz for Blas Ceoil series 3.

Ciarán Kelly, Ciarán Curran, and Dick Glasgow playing The Cuilcagh Polkas/The Sliabh Lucan Polka for Blas Ceoil series 3.

Hope you enjoy them.

Looking forward to playing in Campbeltown again, as soon as the Ferry gets going again.

I just hope these links travel OK across the Irish Sea!

Cheers,
Dick
Ptarmigan
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival