New Saturday Night Format Victoria Hall - Deacon Blue!!!

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

New Saturday Night Format Victoria Hall - Deacon Blue!!!

Postby Admin3 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:17 pm

There is a change to the Music Festival this year with a new venue being added.

Campbeltown Picture House will be used this year as an all seated venue and will feature renowned artists Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham. Supporting will be the stunning vocals of Julie Fowlis. This is an exciting new venue and one not to be missed.

The Victoria Hall will now be an all standing concert with a major band appearing - watch this space for more news. The idea of the all standing concert is also to allow increased capacity.
Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Saturday Night

Postby MOK Music Festival » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:00 pm

The Saturday Night concert in the Victoria Hall has still be confirmed. The new format concert will see an all standing concert.

Here is hoping we get who we are after! :wink: Would be brilliant! :lol:
MOK Music Festival
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

JUST ANNOUNCED!

Postby MOK Music Festival » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:17 pm

News just released tonight is the all standing event in the Victoria Hall in Campbeltown will see Deacon Blue headline the new Saturday night format!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Details of the night will unfold over the next few weeks as the committee finalise details.

A sure sell out and definite crowd pleaser this is a massive catch for the Mull of Kintyre Music Festival as they bid to change the format of the Music Festival this year.

Details of tickets will be posted on here and on the web site http://www.mokfest.com as soon as they are made available. However, tickets will not be available until late May/early June.

Deacon blue hit the big time (and still going strong) in the late 80s and early 90s with a string of top hits including:-

Raintown, Real Gone Kid, Queen of the New Year, Dignity, Wages Day, Fergus sings the blues, I'll never fall in love again etc....

Led by frontman Ricky Ross (who is just about to embark on a Solo Tour in May as he releases his new album Pale Rider) Deacon Blue consist of Lorraine McIntosh on vocals (also known on River City), Mick Slaven on Guitar, Ewen Vernal on Bass, James Prime on Keyboards and Dougie Vipond on drums (also well known BBC Scotland football pundit)

Superb gig in store as Campbeltown and Kintyre sees its second big name hit the Victoria Hall Stage within the space of 2 months (Proclaimers play on 18th June 2005).

Related Web Sites:-
http://www.rickyross.com/dbhome.htm
http://www.rickyross.com
http://www.glasgowskyline.com
http://www.mokfest.com

Special thanks to Iain Johnston for all the hard work he has done!! :wink: :lol:
MOK Music Festival
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Deacon Blue

Postby elainemck » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:23 am

Fantastic News! Just what MOKMF was needing for the Saturday night!!

Get ready for handbags at dawn for tickets! :D
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Decon Blue

Postby Russell Carroll » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:25 am

I think its GREAT that there is some new blood being brought into the MOK Festival and I hope it wont be the last.... Its good to see some musical Diversification at long last. Good on the committee
Russell Carroll
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ross » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:51 am

Glad to hear the headline band has been sorted, go on the Deacon Blue good news all round
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

Deacon Blue

Postby Frosty » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:20 am

Great news for everyone in Campbeltown . There have been great concerts in the Victoria hall inthe past ( Billly Connolly and Runrig )
I'm sure Deacon Blue will top the lot.
Congratulations to everyone involved , Mr Ross is playing in Sheffield soon and i'm hoping to get to see him.
I'm sure the tickets will go faster than the Proclaimers tickets did.
Enjoy the Festival
Regards Frosty
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Malky » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:47 pm

This is fantastic news :D :D and the new format will allow more people to attend.

Now lets hope that the way the tickets are sold is well organised :)

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Willie D » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:44 pm

Malky -

we are hoping to sell the majority of tickets on-line - probably with a similar set-up to the Proclaimers - that way everybody, locals & visitors, will have an equal chance of tickets - it's the fairest way as most folk have or know somebody that has internet access - obviously there will be an announcement prior to them going on sale - probably late May / early June - as they say '...watch this space!...'

PS - there will be a limit (as yet undecided) per application - none of this one person getting 20 or 30 tickets nonsense - that's not on!
Willie D
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Malky » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:57 pm

Willie D wrote:there will be a limit (as yet undecided) per application - none of this one person getting 20 or 30 tickets nonsense - that's not on!

Glad to hear it Willie. For the Proclaimers I believe the limit for the online tickets was 8, which is more than ample. Are you in the Festival committee :?:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Logs » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:44 pm

Whereabouts online will we be able to get tickets when they are on sale? Didn't manage to figure out how the proclaimers one worked 'cause I was too late and they were sold out!
Logs
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Lel » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:31 am

Well done to everyone involved in getting Deacon Blue to headline Saturday night. Really looking forward to this years event - just hope i get tickets!
Lel
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Willie D » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:25 pm

Aye Malky I'm afraid I'm wan o' they folk "on t'committee"

Logs - online stuff still to be sorted out yet - keep checking on here or at www.mokfest.com
Willie D
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Malky » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:45 pm

Willie D wrote:Aye Malky I'm afraid I'm wan o' they folk "on t'committee"

Nothing to be afraid of Willie, :D you managed to get Deacon Blue after all :D 8) :D

Keep up the good work :P

EDIT: As an afterthought, the music in the festival always seemed quite 'folksy'. A bit of diversity can be a good thing. :) :)

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Logs » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:35 pm

Cheer Willie! The main problem I had with the proclaimers one was when you clicked on the link to buy there was a big list of venues and I couldn't find Campbeltown or the Viccy hall on it anywhere so was a bit confused!! Probably just me though!
Logs
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival