THANK YOU

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

THANK YOU

Postby JamieG » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:46 pm

Just to say a mega thank you to the following for entertaining the crowd in the Burnside Square for the Bunside Bash on Saturday.

Kintyre Schools Pipe Band-for opening the show and doing a great wee set to get us started

Gordon & Jordan-For entertaining with some Scottish/Irish sets and doing a great job of Wild Mountain Thyme and getting the crowd singing.

Wee Frank Rochford (hope the spelling is correct)-As always a great favourite with the crowd. This boy is going to be world class watch this space.

Iona-Marie Allan-2 great crowd pleasers an excellent choice. If I'm ever in a band again I want her in it too. Class

The Barrens-New to the scene making their first performance in the Burnside Bash. Karen Cairns on lead vocals, Michael Corr on Drums, Thomas Ralston on bass and Alisdair Howell on Lead Guitar. Good choice of songs hope they keep at it.

Violent Echo-My favourite of the day. Andrew Martin on Lead Vocals/Rhythm Guitar, I can't actually believe the difference of this man's singing he has now got it to a T doing a great job of Take Me Out and the favourite of the day-I PREDICT A RIOT. His stage performance and presence was fantastic getting the crowd rocking. Iain MacLean on Lead Guitar/Backing Vocals. Great guitar riffs and excellent solos.Nice bit of harmony backing singing on California. Ross Angus on Bass Guitar, loved the bit of slap at the breakdown on "Holiday". And the man on drums Mr Jamie Leask. Jamie's drum playing was spot on. No mistakes for a change(ha ha) well done bud.

And lastly just a big thank you to al people that attend and support the bash. A fantastic turn-out again. Thank you all very much

Already looking forward to next year. Anyone available with a band let me know :)

Cheers for now I'm away to ma bed im knackered
JamieG
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby amron » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:21 pm

What a brilliant day.
Burnside square was excellent and the weather held.
I think that we should have heard more of Violent Echo what a superb band.
Iona-Marie pure dead brilliant voice.
All the entertainment was great. I can see Burnside Square starting earlier each year. It was a pity you had to pull the plug Jamie I could have waited and listened to all this superb talent for another hour or so. :D

WELL DONE TO EVERYBODY INVOLVED.
Hope to see you all next year. :D
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:36 am

Yeah Violent Echo would like to say a big thank you to Jamie and Jimmy for allowing us to play a couple of extras and for a great day in the square. Also a big thank you to everyone who came out to see us, we've never played to an atmosphere like that before and we loved every minute of it.

Would have liked to have played in a couple of other places but we're already looking at some possible gigs in pubs around the town, can't wait to see everyone again.

Also any photos for our up and coming website we'd like to have them. You can email them to me at demonicebreaker@btopenworld.com. Thanks again.

The Ecka

edit: site can be found here: http://www.violentecho.tk/
Last edited by Stone Cold aka Doags Bs on Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby elainemck » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:08 pm

Totally fab! Burnside Square was bouncing at the end!! Especially with Violent Echo's 'I predict a riot' - fantastic!!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival