Next Years Festival 2008

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

MOKMF

Postby ROOSTER » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:51 am

any news on on the line/up for the MOKMF
ROOSTER
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Next Years Festival 2008

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Fri May 02, 2008 12:40 am

Any word on who's going to be playing this year? I might be wrong (and lets face it - it wouldn't be the first time!) but it seems like the announcement is later than previous years? Or is Madonna holding out for the VIP Suite in the White Hart :wink:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Fri May 02, 2008 12:39 pm

I had heard last week that Justin Currie from Del Amitri was playing the picture house but todays courier says he is playing the Vic as the Justin Currie band with support from a new Glasgow band called Attic Lights. Capercaillie are playing the picture house as their first accoustic concert at MOK festival. Have seen both them and Justin Currie a few times so I am looking forward to this years festival! I agree though Sheik it does seem much later than usual that we are hearing the line up this year. Are you and Mrs Sheik going to see Brucie in Manchester? :)
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby IainJ » Fri May 02, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi Ags

Yes we are a few weeks later announcing the line-up this year, sometimes it takes a bit longer getting all the details sorted out. Tickets will go on sale in June through the usual outlets, the exact date will be posted up shortly.

Iain
IainJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ags » Sat May 03, 2008 10:52 am

I hope you didn't take that as a criticism Iain - that wasn't intended. You guys do a great job and I, for one, am over the moon at this years line up. I saw Del Amitri a few times in The Barrowlands and more recently have seen him play "With Strings Attatched" - a show which included Eddie Reader and Colin McIntyre. My cousin Fergus Kerr played in the brass section at the two concerts they did and Justin was just fabulous....! Fergus also plays on one of the tracks on Justins new album. Can't wait :)
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby caro » Mon May 05, 2008 10:12 am

I am also delighted at this year's line-up. Fond memories of Big Jock trying to get his extremely hungover daughter back to Glasgow for uni and being forced to listen to either Deacon Blue or Del Amitri in the car :oops: :? :oops: Think he knows the words better than me!!

I remember last year dancing to Sambayabamba in the rain in Burnside Square on the Saturday afternoon - when the music is as good as that the weather doesn't seem to matter but I do hope we get a drier Saturday this year as the organisers deserve it for all their hard work in staging the outdoor events.
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Previous

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival