MOKFEST yarns..

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Postby Hugs Thistles » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:04 pm

I should say no more, as I have already had the red card.
Bye the way, Hugs, the 'Collosus' wiz my godson and his girlfriend was the young girl set upon and injured by the two HRT laden she cats. Have spoken to her and she is very reassured by the comments of support she has had from some of you via myself. She will be back :)

Awfy glad I said "sorry chief" Friend of Dorothy. He's a big yin right enough, and I have to thank him for not skelpin' my erse when I bounced off him as I think I may have deserved it. But heigh-ho that's a mosh pit for ye, I suppose.

HT :oops:
Clean out within with a brandy and Vim. Tit Willow.
Hugs Thistles
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:36 pm

I was on the Tartan army bus doing its rounds at the parade, and when we stopped halfway round the cross, I thought someone shouted, its for a pee stop (polite way to say it), and then I could'nt get back on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We had a great time throughout the whole weekend, and just aswell, our tickets came to a grand total of £202, thats the main reason I was sober evey night, well almost. :wink: :wink:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:38 pm

So who do you have to be "nice" to to get tickets for the whole weekend??
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:11 pm

Annie wrote:So who do you have to be "nice" to to get tickets for the whole weekend??

Your bank manager :wink:

It was a good weekend. I was at the Stranglers concert and also at Survivors night. Enjoyed the Stranglers but the highlight was Survivors night. My nephew from Edinburgh was there for the first time. He was blown away by the atmosphere. He says you don't get events like that in Edinburgh and reckons that was the best concert he's been at in 5 years. 8) Of course, the amount of alcohol we both consumed might have helped.
On a side note, he was greatly taken by the doorman who was handing out the tokens for the smokers to get in and out. "Aye that's ok mate, I know you, you're in a band, you don't need a token." :lol: :lol:
Think I must get myself a skinhead haircut and some tattoos - it'll get me into these events easier. :wink:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:25 pm

Sounds like a great time. Will HAVE to make it to the next one!

BTW, my bank manager is always nice to me, not the other way around.

How do I get my hands on a Survivors Night ticket for next year before they are sold out - AGAIN!!!
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby £3.73 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:31 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:... and the namecheck fae jamie in mcgeochans, i didn't ebven know where the band was playing as i'd been turned blind temporarilly be the heat when i went in. funny thing is, on thursday the horizon duo had been up to my house for lunch, ok a cuppa and we'd been laughing about folk that think they can chant, who then when given the opportunity ask the band for the words(not you chris, we know wot your memory is like) if they do know a song all the way thru its the same song, so sorry boys if you caught me and the rock giggling when you burst into mustang sally, it wisnae you we were laughing at!!!!

seeing General Jack, Jimi "Rock" and all the others was a personal highlight :D

were you still there when Jamie started taking photos of the crowd?

We played the 1st 15 minutes in complete darkness !!! Somebody plugged the lights into the same circuits as the decibel monitor/shuts down the power thing :D:D:D
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:36 pm

Malky, come to san antonio, I'll have my daughter do you one for free :lol: :lol:

I'm thinking of having my rabbit and carrot put on me, but I don't think that'll will get me into anywhere.. they'd probably see it, recognize me and slam the door! :wink:

Too bad about the weather Saturday, but it sounds like everyone had a great time.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:21 am

i hope not, otherwise there will be a photo of us being a little too over familiar with each other when the bugger kissed me, twice in one night? he must have had more to drink than i thought!!!

it was good to see the wee man in fine fettle, been a hard year for him, i wanted a blether but i'd sent the better half up to moto's for a cairry oot, i even got a hug from him!!! must have been my aftershave or something!!!

big disappointment when jamie announced the tom petty song tho, wasn't the one i was hoping to hear, brilliant all the same, even with five strings
general jack o'niell

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:13 pm

what Tom Petty song....Mary Jane by any chance?
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby £3.73 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:47 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:what Tom Petty song....Mary Jane by any chance?

aye

.... the moral of this is, be wary of ebay guitar strings !!!
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:25 pm

"But she grew up tall and she grew up right
With them Indiana boys on them Indiana nights"

Great stuff........I thought it would be that one.....Johnny raved about that particular track to me for years before I ever heard it.........
I know it wasn't Johnny that played it........but I know the connection.

Some say it sounds like Danni California...........in fact Tom and the R H C Ps do!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby £3.73 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:46 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:"But she grew up tall and she grew up right
With them Indiana boys on them Indiana nights"

Great stuff........I thought it would be that one.....Johnny raved about that particular track to me for years before I ever heard it.........
I know it wasn't Johnny that played it........but I know the connection.

Some say it sounds like Danni California...........in fact Tom and the R H C Ps do!

.... not to mention Sweet Home Alabama !!!

but yes, Dani California is Mary Jane with Purple Haze tacked on at the end.
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:32 pm

its just not one of my favs and i am the original tom petty fan

sweet homes alright, but leave freebird alone unless you can play it better than "our kid" which i've yet to hear anyone do, ask jamie bout the 17 min version on the 4th of july, get him to tell you what happened after the guy came up and asked the band wot we were drinking!!!! thats hospitality!!!
general jack o'niell

Previous

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival