Stranglers, what a night

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 am

i remember you going to the stranglers and being too damn cheery by half, or several halfs, still you were very kind giving away that item to a young man, never saw him or his brother inside tho, never saw them perform either which kind of spoiled the weekend for me, they were probably feart i'd try to join them on stage, i did threaten them with it recently, but i'll need to learn all the words to one of their songs first, they don't do "mustang sally"(private musicians joke!!!)
general jack o'niell

stranglers

Postby ROOSTER » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:56 pm

:D had a great night danced all night i think,the old legs were sore next day, :oops: :) WELL DONE THE MEN IN BLACK
ROOSTER
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby SmithD » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:23 pm

To be honest, I don't really remember the stranglers on stage! :oops: Think I was too busy speaking out in the foyer!

Box Of Bananas were good!
SmithD
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:22 pm

you didn't need to tell anyone you danced all night, just wish i had a camera it would have been on youtube on sunday
general jack o'niell

Postby bigchang » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 pm

seen said incident on camera fone, scary 2 half naked bros :lol: :lol:
Do i know you?
my names Will, you've never seen me before!
maybe I'll see you again then Will.
I hold up buses........
bigchang
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:14 pm

had a great night danced all night i think,the old legs were sore next day, WELL DONE THE MEN IN BLACK

So they were a Johnny Cash tribute band then?? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:56 pm

damn, i must have missed the floory show, the wee man was oblivious to all around him, glazed expression, heid doon, erms flayling, the whole nine yards!!!!
general jack o'niell

Postby ChrisA » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:23 pm

Gen Jack. What's all this about the Stranglers using backing tapes? I've seen them about 15 times over the years and their musicianship is first class ?Why would they use tapes? Maybe you have been to too many Westlife concerts man?
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:48 pm

never have, never will, i was willing to keep my suspicions to myself but too many people came up to me with the same thoughts, and i've a pretty good idea what the songs should sound like live, and its not note for note exactly the same as on the records, there was definate assistance on the bass, drums and vocals, and one of their roadies didn't deny it when i was speaking to him afterwards

not saying they weren't good, they were!!! and i enjoyed them
general jack o'niell

Postby ChrisA » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:00 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:never have, never will, i was willing to keep my suspicions to myself but too many people came up to me with the same thoughts, and i've a pretty good idea what the songs should sound like live, and its not note for note exactly the same as on the records, there was definate assistance on the bass, drums and vocals, and one of their roadies didn't deny it when i was speaking to him afterwards

not saying they weren't good, they were!!! and i enjoyed them

I know one of their roadies Gen. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this. Sounds ridiculous to me. (With all due respect to you, of course). I'll be back with an answer soon!
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Music Festival

Postby Poby » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:38 pm

Just thought I'd drop a line to say how much me and the other half enjoyed the festival. Came to watch the Stranglers - Brilliant as ever - first saw them in '77! The other bands done the organisers proud as well, too many to name. Hello to Norman and James at the White Heart and a big WELL DONE to "Mackey" and his staff at the camp site. The weather put a lot of people off up there but you and the other staff were more than helpful, friendly and a credit to the whole event. Hopefully the organisers will listen to Mac's ideas and improve upon the campsite facility even more.

Cheer's to all we met.
Rob and Jayne
Poby
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby general jack o'niell » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:28 pm

take it freddie couldna manage this year then?
general jack o'niell

Previous

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival