So, who is going to what?

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

So, who is going to what?

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:50 pm

Just trying to generate a bit of conversation on here.

It's now less than a week to go until the Festival gets underway and as usual there is plenty on over the weekend.

So who is going to what?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SmithD » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:16 am

Down The Green/ Stranglers on Saturday then Survivors on Sunday. Looking forward to Survivors as not been in a few years!

Just hope the weather is dry at least, anybody any idea's for the week? :shock:
SmithD
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pete Reek » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:22 pm

Going to the thingmi on the green and then the concert in the Picture House in the evening.

I will have my camera on the Saturday afternoon, so watch out, Pete Reek's about.

It's always a brilliant weekend and those that work away at it all year, every year should get all the credit they deserve.
Pete Reek

Postby general jack o'niell » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:01 pm

i'm going to my first ever music festival, well the local one anyway!!! had been looking forward to seeing my son play but i'm told the 3A band are only taking part in the parade and nothing else, so no survivors night for me, sorry boys, you'll just need to be sarcastic about yourselves.

its just the stranglers then, had hoped i'd be going with three fifths of horizon but one silly bugger never got tickets and is playing in a local bar instead, or thats his excuse anyway, might stick my head in the door and shout "boo" on the way past, but £3.73 might mistake it for a critic, so maybe not!

i won't have a camera with me, but i'm told i might need to bring my collapsing seat as its standing room only, so if you see anyone in a hat sitting down the front with their head stuck in the bass bins, that'll be me!
general jack o'niell

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:24 pm

Pete Reek wrote:Going to the thingmi on the green and then the concert in the Picture House in the evening.

I will have my camera on the Saturday afternoon, so watch out, Pete Reek's about.

It's always a brilliant weekend and those that work away at it all year, every year should get all the credit they deserve.

Heard yesterday on the radio there are only three tickets left for the Dougie McLean concert so if you want to go you better be quick!

http://www.mokfest.com/saturday/night/t ... /index.htm

Was actually quite surprised this didn't sell out before now. We went last year after hearing a number of people comment on how good it was in 2005 and of course to see Eddi Reader. Was absolutely brilliant and the cinema is a cracking venue.

Thinking about going to the Concert on the Friday night too - there is a cracking line up at this.

http://www.mokfest.com/friday/index.htm

The Friday night Ceilidh is a cracking night.

Anyway, looking forward to the weekend 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

The Stranglers

Postby SmithD » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:18 am

Just to say A P Taylors still have some tickets if anyone is looking I was in this morning.

And any idea of the weather yet? :roll:
SmithD
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: The Stranglers

Postby Malky » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:33 pm

SmithD wrote:And any idea of the weather yet? :roll:

For weather try the Met Office website here. You can step through the days on the graphic. The 5 day forecast shows rain for Saturday but that will no doubt change. After all, until yesterday it was forecasting heavy rain and gales for here today :roll:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:18 pm

Have 3 tickets for both nights, but survivors night babysitter now not available, dont know if I will get now. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Buzz Lightyear » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:55 pm

how much will u pay for a sitter? never mind the tickets :shock: :shock: 8)
To infinity & beyond, & even at that do one!!!
Buzz Lightyear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Good line-up this year

Postby Mary G » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:49 am

Well, I am really looking forward to this year. Got our Stranglers' tickets, but a banker will be Friday in the Vic. Just back from the Skerryvore Glasgow CD launch. These Tiree guys - and the others - are really top-drawer stuff. They combine accordian, guitars (lead and bass), pipes and fiddle really well with a powerful drum sound ... and even had a brass section and keyboard tonight. Martin has just graduated from the RSAMD, and while his main instrument was the box, he is an excellent piper, and his playing will be appreciated, I am sure.

But the whole atmosphere was jumping in the Classic Grand in Jamaica St.
They maintain their bebo site better than the main 'skerryvore4' one. Check it out here.
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2180502067
You will see that they have a lot of female fans ... not for nothing are they known as Tiree's answer to Westlife ;-)
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Buzz Lightyear » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:55 am

saw skerryvore at their home base a couple of weeks ago.....wasn't impressed, not my cup of t though. :(

saw a young boy the next day with a t-shirt on that made me laugh though....it said;

Skerryvore....Tiree's answer to Westlife :lol: :lol: :lol:
Buzz Lightyear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Mary G » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:10 am

That's a pity, Buzz. So what is your tipple, and what will you be going to at the festival (if you will be in the town, that is ...)?
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Buzz Lightyear » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:17 am

Mary G wrote:That's a pity, Buzz. So what is your tipple, and what will you be going to at the festival (if you will be in the town, that is ...)?

G&T is my tipple Mary if yer buyin :wink: not here away working this weekend, dnt like the festival too busy, too many drunk people, canna get in anywhere....bah humbug! :D
Buzz Lightyear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:20 am

ah buzz, a man after my own heart, this is my first for exactly the same reasons, i hate being in the company of drunks, being forced into being in the same place as drunks, not being able to hear myself think, get a seat, or have a decent conversation, or in this case peace to listen to the music, if you want to hooch, feck off and hooch somewhere else, i'd actually like to hear the band.

i know most locals aren't too bright to begin with, give them a few drinks and you can divide their IQ by 20, hence the reason i have never been to anything connected with the festival, oh i watched my son in the parade one year, then was forced down the green to sit thru a heap of dross just to hear him play again, likewise the same year in burnside square, GOD!!! does every bugger with a guitar and three chords really think they're the next dick gaughan?

i'm hearing that the stranglers thing is licensed? surely that can't be true, can they not go a couple of hours without alcohol, is the festival so bad every year that you need to be at least halfcut to enjoy it? i expect plenty will say no, but i'm quite sure our ideas of "a drink" differ.

but then i think anyone who drinks more than three pints a week has a drink problem, and anyone that just stops in for a quick one after work every day? sorry, your an alcoholic, medically speaking.

hope the musics great, hope the drunks are all elsewhere, either that or i'm just going home, if i want slevvered on i'll borrow a baby
general jack o'niell

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:54 pm

Auchinlea soon for you'se 2 old farts. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival