So, who is going to what?

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:17 pm

why are the apples ready for picking?

i had lunch with a couple of the horizon boys today, ok so i made them a cup of tea, but its the best laugh i've had in ages, pity i won't see them on sunday, that might be even funnier!!!

ok thats my last horizon joke, i've tomorrow to get thru and they might all gang up on me, fat chance!!!!
general jack o'niell

Postby ionnsaigh » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:33 pm

Somebody should check out my wee cousin for next year, Celine Donoghue. Unfortunately we will miss the festival
this year, off on holiday to the Canary isles on Wednesday. :D :(
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:28 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:i know most locals aren't too bright to begin with, give them a few drinks and you can divide their IQ by 20

:roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

general jack o'niell wrote:i'm hearing that the stranglers thing is licensed? surely that can't be true, can they not go a couple of hours without alcohol, is the festival so bad every year that you need to be at least halfcut to enjoy it? i expect plenty will say no, but i'm quite sure our ideas of "a drink" differ.

but then i think anyone who drinks more than three pints a week has a drink problem, and anyone that just stops in for a quick one after work every day? sorry, your an alcoholic, medically speaking.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes, the Vic is always licenced. Strangely enough so are most gigs :shock:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:51 pm

Havent had a chance to catch up properly on here all week with the local scoop. Noo Ninja don't you be stuck with your Sunday night tickets - you know at least 2 girlies in Machrihanish who would jump at the chance - they won't offer to babysit but they will take tickets off your hands :lol: :lol:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:12 pm

must be a generational thing then, you see i am old enough to remember when the pubs closed at 10pm and you went to the vic regardless of what was on, be it hinton's disco, or any one of the live bands, from ourselves, wheels, ariel, west coast, kintyre, or any other, and it was never licensed, there was no need to, now i suppose the hardened drinker reputation the town has gained means nobody will go unless they can buy drink, unless of course its a weekend like this one where the music itself should be a big enough draw.

i'm obviously in the minority, but i don't relish being among 700 others for however long the night lasts, having to stand( a real chore on my part i might add) while they top up the drink they have no doubt consumed throughout the day. so mock all you like, very "take a drink!!!!" its that kind of mentality that has prevented me from ever going anywhere near anywhere connected with the festival since its inception, theres nothing as boring as a drunk, hence theres nowhere as boring as campbeltown of a weekend, keep all your "i can ha'd my drink" merchants, they bore me. always have, always will.

if you need a license to keep a crowd then the entertainment can't be up to much, never the less i intend to enjoy myself, its the company that counts, not the amount drank by the sweating masses of boring townies and annual hoochers(thats hooch as in loch, not hooch as chunder) any staggering drink holders coming near me will be waking up on sunday wondering why their balls are black and blue, courtesy of my toe
general jack o'niell

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:28 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:if you need a license to keep a crowd then the entertainment can't be up to much, never the less i intend to enjoy myself, its the company that counts, not the amount drank by the sweating masses of boring townies and annual hoochers(thats hooch as in loch, not hooch as chunder) any staggering drink holders coming near me will be waking up on sunday wondering why their balls are black and blue, courtesy of my toe

Not mocking oh great one but the licence is very much part of the sustainability of any gigs nowadays.

I'll look forward to seeing yer big toe then :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:38 pm

forgot during my anti drink rant about the funny story i heard today, pity it was after two members of said band had visited me or i could have asked for a comment

allegedly the air fare plus £2,000 was paid to someone who although extremely accomplished in his field is not, (according to the person relating the storyto the person that told me, keep up please!!!) a pro. doesn't even do it for a living, and they're paying all this money just to have him here!!!

if this was accurate he wouldn't have been able to contain himself and not tell me, ok so i have called him a hoor when it comes to making money at this discipline, but as bragging rights go, he would have had to tell me. if on the otherhand its true? well good for him, hope the four others are getting the same, should work out at a grand a song, where do i sign up for next year?
a dozen seventies classics anyone? ........................anyone?............................................ anyone?................................................................................................c'mon!!!!..................................... anyone?
general jack o'niell

Postby bill » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:26 pm

Whit aboot a sixties classic General.............................

THE SOUND OF SILENCE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby spangles » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:55 am

A two bit drummer in a two bit band
Rocking home from a foreign land

A nice wee fare from the committee's hand
He's naw worth 2 bits never mind two grand. (allegedly)

Their best gig was when they disappeared over the Horizon.

Spangles

PS Who on the committee has the forms for free holidays. Might apply next year
spangles

Postby Friend of Dorothy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:55 pm

I can dae 'Three Blind Mice' oot ma left nostril. :lol:
There’s no place like home.......
Friend of Dorothy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:21 pm

as usual the story was rubbish, i knew it was as he wouldn't have been able to prevent himself from gloating, mind he did that with the private box at old trafford next sunday story

blue moon, ya bastard ye!!!!
general jack o'niell

Previous

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival