Horizon 25

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Horizon 25

Postby Willie D » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:51 pm

25 years ago - quite a few of you reading this would have been looking forward to a wee night in the Argyll with Horizon. They played there every other Sunday during the summer of '82 and - although I might be a wee bit biased - very good nights they were too.

A couple of years back they had a wee revival - again in the Argyll on a Sunday - and it went down a storm - maybe not perfect technically but who cared certainly not the folk who managed to get in - they had to close the doors before 10 - and like the Rock the old atmosphere was back.

Well here's another chance to relive those halcyon days - roll up your jacket sleeves (what was that a' aboot) and those of you that still can - grow yourself a mullet - this year's Survivors Night will feature - drum roll from the Rock - Horizon back with all the old numbers and probably some new stuff too - oh aye and the aforementioned Rock will be hame fae Oz.

More details to follow (eh...Jimi is that enough times I've mentioned ye for the noo!)
'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'
Willie D
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:04 pm

do we really have to?
general jack o'niell

Postby Malky » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:41 pm

Well it could have been worse General - it could have been Hostage reforming. :twisted: :D

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:54 pm

oh? didn't you hear the news? they are!!! right ok, only three fifths and its just to go to the previous nights show, the missing two being my siblings, so tho i probably won't see horizon on the sunday night i will be spending the saturday with three fifths of them so i'll get all my digs at them in private at my house, so there will be a hostage reunion of sorts, which will include the keyboard player they nearly had before history took its course and all three of them went on to form the backbone of horizon.

i can say what i want about them, my friendship with those three goes back forty years in the case of "the rock" and over thirty five with the other two, the fact they never take offence and anything i say is proof of that and long may it continue, and who knows, i have a bass for jamie, a drumkit for jimi and a keyboard for alec
general jack o'niell

Postby Willie D » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:29 am

general jack o'niell wrote:do we really have to?

"you don't have to - but if you want to" : now who was that?

BTW if you're looking for a lightshow - and it's improved a wee bit fae hiring oot the Community Centre's way back when!
Willie D
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:12 pm

ha ha very droll, you haven't lost your touch!!!

i can't wait to get the two of them together for more than two minutes, i never got a real chance when they played the argyll, i'm leaving it to alec to sort everything out, he's worse at wanting to remenice as i am. did you like my left eye in the courier? they used the wrong pic, i decided i was far tooo old to be seen with a bunch of kids (charming tho they were) if they had used the one with the twisted melons i would have been visible.

i'm still waiting on a dvd from the bass player, filmed at the keil hotel, i have absolutely no recollection of the day, all i have are a couple of grainy pics, oneshowing the doctor with a pint the other of several persons unknown performing, yes, with the centres lights, the pic is too grainy to make anyone out clearly, but i do think one of them might well be your brother, in which case they're playing,

DE, DE DE DE DE, DE DE DE, DE DE DE

DUM DE DUM, DUM, DUM, DUM DE DUM, DUM, DUM, DUM DE DUM, DUM , DUM
(SMI, I, I, I, LE)
DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM

funny thing is my sister in law can remember exactly what she was wearing, and my wife remembers what we ate, dedalus recalls watching the sun rise while drinking tequila sunrises, i told dunoon the other day and he can't remember anything either, boy i must have been really really stoned. can't wait to see it!!!
general jack o'niell

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:59 pm

want to see what a real 17yr old guitarist looked like? go to youtube and stick - jig, hostage in the search box, the poster would like to know what the original title of the tune is, for some reason "hot asphalt" comes in to my head, but i'm probably hallucinating

this is one for all the Hostage Versus Horizon jokers, the reason Hostage will always be on top, skill that good your born with, you never learn it!!!!!

heres' hoping they go down a storm on the night, pity anti smoking regulations will force me to clap instead of throwing fags(thats one for the true fans to remember)

heres wot the rock looked like when he played for "flintlock" way back in 1979

http://a450.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00 ... 6449_l.jpg
general jack o'niell

Postby Willie D » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:12 pm

Ta for the links - most enjoyable - almost 30 years ago cannot believe it!

Don't want to get into a H v H thing - too much water under the bridge etc.

On a promo quest I found some old slides of Horizon - Stuart Andrews put onto disc for me. Here's the better ones.
PS Flintlock - good one!
Willie D
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:03 pm

great pics, hope jamie is suitably embarressed with that tache, he had a cheek posing with chris who still looks the epitomy of cool, well second coolest anyway

its years since i saw those roto toms, we used to call him kelly marie when he got them so they were mostly for show, boom boom, boom boom "it feels like, it feels like i'm in love", boom boom, boom boom.

i'm stopping the comments, it's given at least one of them the impression that i have a bone to pick which couldn't be further from the truth, can't have that happening, not with the wrong four fifths anyway!!!!!
general jack o'niell

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival