sat & sun tickets

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Postby barbara » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:19 pm

really, really annoyed! was on-line at 9am, entered credit card details for DB and Sun. night and came up error processing. tried to book each event individually and DB sold out and Sun. night asked for promotional code, too. Eventually got through to ticketweb by phone and they said they had to phone organisers re code? also said approx. 300 tickets were released - where are other 300?? So got no tickets for either night!!
barbara
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:45 pm

There is only 300 odd sold for Survivors night. I think the capacity is 350 for the Sunday night because of all the tables and chairs etc.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Fiona_R » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:37 pm

Fab, my sis got me a ticket, coming down from East Kilbride for the weekend. I can't wait. Seen Deacon Blue before, they are great. They will be awesome in the wee toon. Dead chuffed I'm a happy bunny!! Oh by they way I am still looking for a spare ticket, just one!!! :P :lol:
Fiona_R
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:01 pm

Out of were you using broadband or dial up?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby amron » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:11 pm

I got my tickets this morning at 9am using dial up and had no problems, just kept refreshing page until buy icon came up. My cousin phoned and after being on hold 15 mins and giving her details to be told they had sold out. Heard rumours circulating that kintyre was only allocated 100 tickets, that can't be right can anybody confirm this.!!!! Also heard some people got 8 at a time. I thought that the limit was to be 4. Anyway i was chuffed to get mine :D :D
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby elainemck » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:16 pm

I got tickets using broadband after a lot of refreshing!

Did the full allocation of DB tickets get put on sale?
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:17 pm

No truth in only 100 tickets being allocated to Kintyre. The question was added in for marketing research.

Just some people were lucky and others were not. Unfortunately demand was crazy. 600 tickets were sold in 15 minutes. If everyone was entitled to 4 (altho ones got 8 which was ticketwebs fault!) then in theory 150 people could have bought 4 each thus leaving alot of unhappy people. :? However, that is like any concert.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Lorna Mac » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:43 pm

Managed to get ones at 9 0'clock. Kept refreshing page. Really appreciate now getting them. Hopefully there will be some tickets about just like the proclaimers. :roll:
Lorna Mac
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Lorna Mac » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:32 pm

Just another quick note hopefully is all over 18's who have got tickets. And is not like last years survivor's "school dance." :evil:
Lorna Mac
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Logs » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:35 pm

Most under 18's probably haven't even heard of Deacon Blue lol! So hopefully it's loads of hard-core fans that will be going! :lol:

I got mine at 9.01am according to the confirmation email....was using the work computers so I'm not sure what kind of connection.....kind of broadband speed though and defo not dial up!

I just can't wait now....it's going to be such a fab gig!!! Shame about Graham though....would have been great to see him playing live again....Mick is good too though....he was playing with Graham when I was at their gig in Stirling. Hope Lorraine can get time off from River City lol! :lol:
Logs
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

deacon blue

Postby stevecat23 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:37 pm

:lol: For the first year we managed to get tickets for the festival, and we are going to deacon blue.....yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
stevecat23
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby stevecat23 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:43 pm

:P Like a lot of others I tried to phone for tickets at 8.55am, but could not get through, went onto the web and after a lot of refreshing I got ours about 9.10am, p.s. sorry Bruv hope H gives you 2. :lol:
stevecat23
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Logs » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:16 am

I have on very good authority :wink: that the DB line-up will be.....Ricky, Lorraine, Jim, Dougie, Mick, Scott and Taj, so it sounds like a fab guitar line-up that's for sure!! Will be a cracker! :D
Logs
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Lorna Mac » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:30 am

My friend got a call last night from her credit card company concerning authorization of 6 transactions for tickets. This added up to a total of £1,800. She did not even manage to purchase one ticket. is totally shocking.
Lorna Mac
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Logs » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:49 am

My goodness Lorna! :shock: That's a real stinker!!! It's a good job that they contacted her about it rather than just charging her! Hope she kept some of them though :wink:
Logs
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival