The Trumpton Riot

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

The Trumpton Riot

Postby pigeon poisoner » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:52 am

pigeon poisoner
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Anyone fancy going?

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:01 pm

I'm heading up to Carradale on Friday night for this. Anyone else fancy a wee night out in the Dale?

Could be possible to arrange a mini bus to go if anyone fancies a lift?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:09 pm

Of course you could meet some of the famous characters! :shock: :lol:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ullean's mum » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:21 pm

Davie,
Ican't make it home as my son is going in to hospital,so we need plenty photos, if the locals don't get you to pi**ed,if you see my wee brother(or should that be HEAR my wee brother)tell him to behave himself
ullean's mum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:24 pm

ullean's mum wrote:Davie,
Ican't make it home as my son is going in to hospital,so we need plenty photos, if the locals don't get you to pi**ed,if you see my wee brother(or should that be HEAR my wee brother)tell him to behave himself

Think I am driving UM - got too much on, on the Saturday and may gain me some brownie points! :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Trumption Riot makes the papers...

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:53 pm

Seen this in the Press and Journal - Carradale in the press yet again 8)

CULT SCOTTISH BAND ON ROAD AGAIN AFTER 30 YEARS

More than 30 years after they last trod the boards, Scottish band String Driven Thing are to play the unlikeliest gig of their career.

The band, which played alongside Genesis, Lindisfarne and Van der Graaf Generator in the 1970s, will be making a special appearance in the tiny Argyll village of Carradale on Friday.

As special guests of Huge Trowsers, an up-and-coming Scottish rock band, String Driven Thing will take part in The Trumpton Riot at Carradale Village Hall, as part of the Mull of Kintyre Music Festival Fringe.

The band emerged from the Glasgow underground scene in the late 1960s to record three cult albums.

Signing for Charisma Records in 1972, String Driven Thing lost their songwriter, Chris Adams, and his wife and singer, Pauline, who left the band to bring up their four sons.

A spokesman for the Carradale gig said: "String Driven Thing limped on for a couple of years.

"But, with their creative heart gone, the band inevitably slithered to a halt."

Ironically, Mr Adams' sons have all chosen a career in music and this led to him rediscovering his passion for music.

A spokesman for the Carradale gig said: "Chris has taken the step that his legions of loyal fans have been waiting for and has put together a new version of String Driven Thing, featuring his son, Rob, on guitar and harmony vocals, George Tucker on various stringed instruments, Andy Allan on bass and Dick Drake on drums.

"They have recorded an album of brand new material called Moments of Truth, which may be one of the strongest sets Chris has ever produced."

The album will be released at the end of this year and it is likely that the band will undertake a high-profile tour to promote it to fans, old and new.

In the meantime, String Driven Thing will play a series of low-key, warm-up gigs including their Carradale date.

The Trumpton Riot starts at 8pm on Friday .

To check availability of tickets, which cost £12, telephone 0779 3441 430.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby mrn » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:02 pm

Strangely enough I can remember String Driven Thing from my days in Glasgow! :shock: and that wasn't yesterday!

It is good to see the Festival expanding out to the likes of Carradale and hats off to the festival for this. Will there be potential for the likes of Tayinloan to organise something next year as unfortunately not everyone can make it in to the town?
mrn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LO » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:17 am

The up to date story on String Driven Thing can be found at

www.stringdriventhing.co.uk
LO
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:43 am

I'll be there :D driving right enough :( but all the better for that really!

All the locals will know by my "look" we are from Southend........the place will fall silent when we walk in.................. :? :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:55 am

Excellent night - well done to Carradale AFC for hosting this event which was superb value for £12!

More to follow later! 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival