Best Local Pubs

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Best Local Pubs

Postby Glasgow Calling » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:16 pm

Hi

As a first time visitor - where should I go drinking - I know its going to be a brill time but i just want to make sure I dont miss a trick.

I also heard that Macrahanish beach is good for curing a hang over or two !

Any other sights and sounds to see?

Cheers in advance for any info!

P
Glasgow Calling
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Willie D » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:08 am

Hi GC - welcome to the wee toon forum.

Over the Festival weekend just about everywhere's buzzin' with a party atmosphere & there will be plenty of bars with live music & sessions - from trad to rock.
One place to check out is the Burnside Square which has several bars surrounding it & is a popular meeting place to kick off in. Also in the square there will be live music - The Burnside Bash - at 4pm on the Sat with local bands hoping there's an A & R man in the crowd & again on Sun afternoon.
Before that from 12.30 on Sat there's Doon The Green on Kinloch Park. This year featuring Madness tribute band Saggy Trousers with The Hugh Trowsers Band (I know I know) - Box O' Bananas and Sambayabamba. BTW both these events are FREE!

Probably should point out that Campbeltown has - like most places now - a local bylaw which prohibits drinking in the streets / open areas etc. However the above events have designated areas where you can have a wee swally without fear of being lifted - just don't walk down Main Street swigging from your can of SuperLager!

Hope this helps & enjoy MOKFEST!
'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'
Willie D
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby MOK Music Festival » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:33 pm

There are a number of pubs with LIVE music on over the weekend.

The mokfest website will be updated with details of this early next week once the information is collated. (some are still making arrangements!)
MOK Music Festival
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival