Eddi Reader - from the West End to the Wee Toon

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Eddi Reader - from the West End to the Wee Toon

Postby Willie D » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:21 pm

I'm not what you would call a serious fan but I've just read an excellent wee review of
Eddi Reader's three night 'residency' at the Oran Mor in Glasgow: www.oran-mor.co.uk where she appeared as part of the city's West End Festival:
www.westendfestival.co.uk/images/music67.htm

Brian McSweeney writes "Raconteur, singer, poet and comedian, she had the audience in the palm of her hand. Two hours flew by with stunning versions of Burns' poems, a bluesy Elvis' Mystery Train and a duet with brother Frank on Trashcan Sinatras' Weightlifting, plus Eddi's own songs."

As far as I'm aware this a similar show to the one she will perform at The Picture House with guitarist / singer Boo Hewerdine and accordion wiz Alan Kelly. Apparently she is really looking forward to appearing at such an intimate venue and I know I'm sticking my neck out, but this just might be the gig of the festival and you lucky folk with tickets are in for a real treat.
'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'
Willie D
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival