IMPORTANT- Rider Info- Emailed out.

Details and discussion on the MOKBIKE 2015 to be held here in Kintyre on Saturday September 19th 2015 and Sunday September 20th 2015.

IMPORTANT- Rider Info- Emailed out.

Postby russanros » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:55 pm

In every case entrants have given us an email address, so we have emailed Rider info out to every address we have been given, so we are sure nothing can get delayed or lost in the post.

A small number of these have come back to us as unsent, in some cases due to invalid email address.

SO if you haven't received your info it means we need to have another go with the correct address, please could you contact us- it could just be as simple as a dot in the wrong place!

you can contact us either through the pm function here or the http://www.mokbike.com/contactus/index.htm contact us page.
russanros
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: IMPORTANT- Rider Info- Emailed out.

Postby bob618 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:37 am

I certainly hope in the rider info pack that everyone has been told to wear Hi-Viz?

Like the incident yesterday when I was in Dumbarton, somebody near ran into the side of me as I pulled out a junction, it makes me hope that your inforcing this. I honestly did not see the guy as the weather conditions were bad, being misty/rainy and they were wearing darkish clothes, dark helmet and no lights, hardly preparation for being safe. The both of us were quite shaken up and I appogised for not seeing him. He looked as if he did alot of cycling but couldnt help thinking if he had maybe thought abit more before taking to the road, lots of these near miss incidents (and major ones) could be avoided.

A little bit like the moron car drivers that run about with just side lights, or no lights at all in poor conditions.

I hope the event will be a success but keep in mind a simple rule: BE SEEN, BE SAFE.
bob618
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: IMPORTANT- Rider Info- Emailed out.

Postby russanros » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi Bob, we do agree that it is important to ride defensively and be seen,
- the info as it appears!
BE SAFE, BE SEEN - be clearly visible
Do wear a helmet
Do occupy a full lane (rather than proceeding timidly along the edge),
Do wear a yellow reflective thingy- or bright coloured clothing
- If it looks a Dark & Damp day bring hi-vis or lights as available.
Do check your bike before the ride; bring spare inner tubes, and a
small pump. We will have a track pump at the start/finish
russanros
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Mull of Kintyre Bike Challenge