Campbeltown Running Club

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Campbeltown Running Club

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Gav, Pans Lass,

thanks for the good wishes. I hope that at this moment in time the only direction we are going is forward :D

Fiona28,

the feeling at the meeting was that "Campbeltown" should be on the name. We were a bit worried that folk at other venues wouldn't know where/what the "Wee Toon" was, and that "Campbeltown" would definitely put this great place on the map.

Thankyou for your good wishes.

If Campbeltown Running Club, over the coming years, is even half as successful as Jogscotland has been in this town, then I will regard that as a huge success.

All the best

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Hi guys

Since the last meeting went very well, hoping to keep up the momentum and get the ball rolling with the Campbeltown Running Club so the next meeting will be held earlier on Tuesday 13th July 8pm at the Burnside. The slightly later time will also let folks get out a run at 6 then a quick change to be back out for 8.

Hoping for another good turnout of people, please come along - all welcome :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jen21 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Hey! Not quite sure what thread to post this on but its meant for everyone.

Planning our LSR on sat morning, meeting at aqua @ 8.50am. Planning on driving 10/11miles round learside, leaving the car & running back in to town the way we came. So far Elaine & Stuart and myself are......feel free to join us. If your not wanting to do that many miles we can also drop you off at whatever mile mark your aiming for.
It will be hard but hopefully enjoyable :roll:
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby DJD » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Might be up for that one,l will see how l get on tonight .l will soon have to get my miles up if l want to get back to the long stuff.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:17 am

My intention was to do this with you guy's, but I have a niggle which is pretty sore today, so i will see come tomomrrow.
Regardless of this, if you leave your cars in town I will leave transport down near 4th Gens farm for us all to get back to town in. Even if I dont run I will come down in time to collect and take you all back.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:41 am

I'm hoping that I can make this one. It looks like a toughie.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:17 am

The 10m mark is just short of 4th gen bit and the 11m point is Macharioch Farm,some of you will probably know that anyway,l needed to know for the old brain to take in.(hopefully l can make it for the run)if not have a good a un

l will walk the hills and run the flat,l am well unfit compared to you guys.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:05 pm

It is 10 miles from the Limecraigs turn off to my back door. 11 miles would be to just past Langholm sheep fanks...maybe almost to Langholm roadend.

All being well I will run back into towards town 4 miles or so and then turn back here... or maybe go all the way!

I have done that route often recently and it is a bit easier heading back North........a net downhill run...plenty very tough hills though! but actually, the I always find the 3.5+ dead flat miles into the town centre hardest of all.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:52 pm

Ok transport left down now, so I am committed to doing the run.
Measured it on way back, its 10.5 miles from the roundabout to 4th Gens farm, although it will feel like 15 or so tomorrow for some of us. :lol:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:10 am

Mind yer car keys!
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed our run from Polliwillne to town via the learside, beautiful scenery and some challenging hills but very enjoyable. As 4th Gen has said already the last 3 1/2 flat miles from sheep fanks actually were the hardest of all! Clocked up 10.5 miles and although had hoped to do more I was happy to leave it at that!

Looking to run from town out to polliwilne or vice versa maybe next saturday am, around 12 miles if anyone fancies it.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:57 am

Hi all

The next Campbeltown Running Club meeting will take place this Tuesday, 13th July, at 8pm in Burnside. All welcome. Was a great turnout last time so would be good to see all again plus anyone who couldn't make last one.

Please come along to give your opinions on how we can get this club 'up and running' :D

Agenda for Tuesday's meeting:

Constitution
    Electing of committee
    Club colours
    Training
    AOB

See you all there.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Meeting just before 9 at Aqualibrium tomorrow if anyone fancies company for a LSR. Thinking of around 12 miles on the Southend road possibly. DJD has given us some great ideas for LSRS over the next few months.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:53 am

Some of us meeting at 5pm at Aqua tonight for a run (so we have no excuses to be late at tonight's meeting :lol: ) if anyone fancies it, plan to do the grammar loop.

Still some meeting at 6pm as usual at aqua.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Won't make either Elaine. Fiona has a Campbeltown Brass Committee Meeting tonight so on duty 'til then. See you at the meeting.

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat