Gigha Challenge 2010

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Gigha Challenge 2010

Postby DJD » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:07 am

Been informed Gigha is on for 2010 on the 10th April.

The date seems perfect for alot of people,it will give them some indication on how the training is or not coming along.

Gighachallenge@btinternet.com
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Gigha Challenge 2010

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Great to hear that the GIGHA Challenge is back on for 2010 :D

Anyone up for it ?

Lets make it a day out for the Wee Toon Runners :)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:49 am

hey folks spoke to laura tody and shes given me entry forms so if you want any let me know - should be a great day out - first run of the day bein for the ferry :lol:
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:58 am

For the forum folk outside the area and you fancy the challenge.

http://www.gigha.org.uk

for the details
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:33 pm

fiona28 wrote:hey folks spoke to laura tody and shes given me entry forms so if you want any let me know - should be a great day out - first run of the day bein for the ferry :lol:

I think we should camp the night before fiona28 ...just so we know we will be there on time for the ferry, nae blethering thru the night right enough just incase we sleep in . :oops: :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:27 pm

Pans Lass wrote:
fiona28 wrote:hey folks spoke to laura tody and shes given me entry forms so if you want any let me know - should be a great day out - first run of the day bein for the ferry :lol:

I think we should camp the night before fiona28 ...just so we know we will be there on time for the ferry, nae blethering thru the night right enough just incase we sleep in . :oops: :lol:

Yes Gail, I agree you should camp the night before......remember the last time, that was soooo funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:05 pm

If you are looking for an entry form and race details I have loaded the Word Docs Laura sent to me to

http://www.mokrun.com/temp/

I'll convert to PDF and post at some time too. Quite fancy this myself, even to get over and take some photos.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Laura sent me a few entry forms in the post so if anyone wishes one just let me know or download from website Ship posted.

We thought we could use this run as one of our Wee Toon Runners LSSR (Long slow Saturday Run ) or for anyone up for the challenge. Its a great day out if anyone wishes just to come along for the day and support us .

Now where is that ferry timetable ......!!! :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:38 pm

Sounds like quite a few of us are heading to Gigha next weekend which is great :D

Just had a look at the ferry timetable and the ferry runs on the hour from 8am on and its a 20 mins crossing . From past experience the 11am ferry was very busy as I think everyone had the same idea to go over on that one , dont want to throw anyone off this year so I will be taking the 10am ferry crossing . :oops: :wink:

To make it a good day all in some of us is going to stay over and support the pasta party and ceildih in the evening ...need to exepriece how the islanders party. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fja » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:23 pm

I think I'll risk taking the 11.00 ferry but will get to Tayinloan in plenty of time - happy to give a lift to folk, let me know. (I seem to remember that the ferry has difficulty with too many high value notes - return fare is £6.10p) Looking forward to a long slow run, hopefully in weather like it is today.
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:50 am

What a glorious morning for our Gigha run just hope there is no wind :D

Sounds like quite a few off us are heading to Gigha this morning so good luck to all those running , cycling and walking today . Looking forward to the day away . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Well what can I say about our trip to Gigha ....Fantastic all round :D

Arrived on plenty of time to catch the 10am Ferry crossing and I think everyone had the same idea as it was pretty full . It was such a lovley day so was good to get over on time and get settled before the 12 noon start. It was good to see so many locals from the Wee Toon support the event .

Depsite the heat and the wind on the way back from the North end I must say I had a good run . As always for me the first few miles always seem to be the hardest but after that i settled down to a good steady pace and kept it going til the end without one stop so was really pleased with that but unfortunately my Garmin went dead on me despite charging it fully the night before so was disappointed i could not get an accurate time so at the end I had to ask someone the time and worked out approx 1:42 mins so happy with that .

At the end we all got a goody bag plus homemade sandwiches, cakes and something hot to drink . :D

Great to see so many locals go home with medals ! Well done to ......

Mens Womens
1st Kenny Campbell 1st Nell from Tarbert
2nd Tommy Morran 2nd Jennifer Reid
3rd Hector McMurchy 3rd Fiona Irwin

As you know some of us stayed for the pasta party and ceilidh a great wee night but sadly we were too tired to stay for the duration and all headed back to out chalet around 11am for bed . Age creeping up on us :oops:

Thanks to Lorna and Laura for organising this event and we hope to see you in 2011 !!
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Well done to all participants yesterday, sounds like to great day was had by all :D
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:47 pm

can i mirror pans thanks to laura and lorna, great day out well done girls :D and well done the wee toon for supporting the event, i think next year might see an even larger invasion for the weekend.

fair enjoyed the run yesterday despite the gentle cooling wind 8) think thats what gave us all the sunburn, the wind seemed to take the heat out of the sun but many of us are quite red today.

and not forgetting thanks to the gigha hall committee for the pasta party and ceilidh, the weans danced the night away b4 they collapsed after the raffle :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:13 pm

Congrats to everyone - sounded like you had a geat time. Really wanted to get over and take some photos but other things to do.

Out of interest Pans Lass - where are the chalets? (planning a visit this year and if not camping looking for an alternative)

Cheers
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat