Gigha Challenge 2010

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Gigha Challenge 2010

Postby elainemck » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:49 pm

What a brilliant day! Had a fantastic time over in gigha yesterday, lovely weather, great place and excellent company.

I injured my foot on Wednesday (had swollen up so much I couldn't get it into my trainer since Wednesday night after combat/strength) I was panicking I would never run again as I was limping about with my face tripping me moaning at anyone that would listen! But I took everyones advice (very reluctantly) and rested it fully for 2 days and tanked myself up on ibuprofen and ralgex and the foot held up and I still managed to complete the 11 miles and enjoy the day - result! Who told me Gigha was flat??! Was a beautiful course although very hilly, winday and challenging. Atmosphere was great though and a good banter with everyone.

Went for a lovely lunch at the boathouse, followed by a few drinks in the beer garden at the hotel and were a wee bit sad to leave to go home on the ferry!!

Hope you all tooners enjoyed the ceilidh :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:53 pm

SCD , the chalets /self catering cottages are about a 3/4 mile South end from the Gigha Hotel not far from the Village Hall. They are brand new ,very spacious , beautifully decorated and fully equipped with all the mod cons - dishwasher,washingmachine/dryer, microwave , power showers etc. Linen and towels provided.

'The Byre ' chalet that we had sleeps 6 comfortable (we managed to squeeze a few more in :wink: ) , but I think the other 2 chalets attached sleeps 4 . You book them through the Gigha Hotel . Have a look on the website. I think they rent them out for 3 night minimum but I emailed the manager and asked if she would give us it for just 1 night so we could support the ceilidh after the race and she obliged at a very reasonable rate . We will return . :wink:

Oh and plenty space outside for the wee man to kick a fitba and climb the trees opposite :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:36 am

Well worth the effort to go over and watch for me,even if l had to miss some of it,due to ball and chain.

Well done all,not the best day for running,but certainly for us spectators and and alike.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jen21 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:03 am

Well done everyone, great results!! Sounds like a brill day out. :D
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby fiona28 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:46 am

wondered where you had went djd :lol:
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:55 am

Ship called Dignity wrote:Congrats to everyone - sounded like you had a geat time. Really wanted to get over and take some photos but other things to do.

Same here, but other things came first. Seems all had a good time and the weather was brilliant.
Here's hoping for the same on the MOK marathon day :) .
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat