Wee Toon Runners Handicap Series 2010

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Wee Toon Runners Handicap Series 2010

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:44 am

Another year over, and if I am totally honest, these were the most enjoyable and fun races I have run in. I enjoyed the banter, specially from Rab who actually thought he had a chance of winning the series. (you cannot be serious lol).
I was pleasantly surprised by just how much everyone has improved over the course of the 5 races, I look forward to seeing DJD's updated time sheets, well done everyone concerned.
Donald, thanks for coming up with this handicap series idea, and making it happen, we have the makings of a really good event which should last for years to come. Even the bummer rule was a good one, and yes (D.P) I told him that, even before you nagged me last night.
Finally, I would also like to take this opportunity to thank DJD and everyone of the helpers who all did their bit along the course of these 5 races, you ALL done a fantastic job, and made this years races run like clockwork.Thank you.
A special mention and thanks also go to our unpaid photographer, Big Al McPhail, he caught some wierd and wonderfull sights along the course of the series, so thank you Alistair aka (David Bailey).
Well done everyone, its been a good series.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:53 am

Kintyre Forum News wrote:Wee photo from last night kindly sent to us by Alasdair MacPhail. :mrgreen: Nice pose 4th Gen! :lol:
]

och I know....was thinking about camping it up wae my Nike running suit, just as well I didn't :roll: :lol:
Must say though, MSB looks helluva pleased with himself with that Robbie WIlliams/Joey fae Friends look on his face :lol:

And yes, many thanks to DJD, and all his team, for conceiving, organising and running such a successfull series. It was great.
Now for the swimming pool fun run "extra" race :wink: do points gained in that go towards the trophy?
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby madscotsbloke » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:58 am

So I need a haircut!! Jees you guys are harsh. Once the series is over the gloves fairly come flying off eh? :lol:

What is this "fun run" you talk about 4th Gen?

MSB
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby DJD » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:06 pm

Suzy suggested the idea of keeping the results until the night and we tend to agree with her as it will make the night a little bit more interesting, not that it really needs it with you folk,it's a great night anyway,but a little bit of suspense adds to the night.

We will print up the two result sheets and bring them along so everyone can see how well they did and think "if only this, that, or the other one might have notched up a few more points" as we all do.(although it more about the running and improving as we all know),the points adds to the fun.

Thats all untill the night,but l will bring the sheet with people improvements from the first race and last,(club night)as there was few big improvement and PBs on it.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Great idea :D
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:37 pm

still time to add bonus points from the swimming pool fun run!! grrrrreat fun I hear :)

Think Takeshi's Castle MSB, or It's a Knockout :wink:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby madscotsbloke » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:54 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:still time to add bonus points from the swimming pool fun run!! grrrrreat fun I hear :)

Think Takeshi's Castle MSB, or It's a Knockout :wink:

You mean there's gonnae be a couple o' hundred mental Japs tearing aboot the toon bein' hit in all sorts o' places by golden balls :<> and some other crazy japs jumpin oot on people dressed as gorilla's and stuff!!??? :twisted:

Its a knockout!!! you are showing your age, mind you I can remember when it was on the front green at Lochgilphead and that couldn't have been yesterday :oops:

Sounds interesting............................ :@

MSB
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Latest list of those who have paid a fiver for prizegiving

Gavin Brown
Peter Paterson
Robert McDonald
Katie Ferguson
Jennifer Reid
Jocelyn Richard
Neil John MacPhail
Stuart and Elaine McGeachy
Kenny Campbell
Mandy Chassion
John McGeachy
Alison McGeachy
Sarah Campbell
Ralph Hill
David Paterson
Margaret Sinclair
Susan Ralston
Tommy Morran
Emma Conley
Noreen Ronald
Darren Renton
Jackie Fulton
John Galbraith
Iona McIntosh

Thanks to all who contributed. We have agreed that we will buy a trophy to be presented to the overall winner. Jocelyn's name will be first as the 2009 overall winner. But who will it be this year??? OK it won't be me--you happy now, Ninja? :(
If I have missed anyone, please let me know.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby skernish longrow » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Time for the fun bit now all five race's are finished - the scores have all been counted and all that is left is the prize giving. How does Saturday 18th November suit everyone?? :D :D
skernish longrow
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby DJD » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Fine for me,and if l remember it was around that date last year which suited most people.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:55 pm

is that sat 13th nov? should be fine for us :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby madscotsbloke » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:09 am

thanks Elaine, I couldn't understand why the 18th was ringing alarm bells!!! I have an exam that day :cry: and it is definitely the Thursday.

The saturdays either side would suit just fine :)
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 pm

13th suit me too NJ, but the 18th would be a long weekend on the drink, so I' happy with that too. :lol:
Anyone wishing to know the prize winners for this years series, can find out how they done by clicking link below, if you want to wait till the prize giving thats fine too, its just that some of you may want to have your speeches ready. Not me or Rab though. :)

http://piv.pivpiv.dk/
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:15 pm

13th Nov fine with me too.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby skernish longrow » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:50 pm

a few people are saying it would be better to have the prizes on a friday night as the pub will not be so busy so what about the 12th of november
skernish longrow
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat