Wee Toon Runners Handicap Series 2010

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Wee Toon Runners Handicap Series 2010

Postby DJD » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:52 am

l don't think it is a bummer of a rule if you look at the whole picture of the points to the handicap series,but if the series is going to happen again next year then we could have a discussion on the rules.

a quick explanation,the runners at the top end of the first result would have a few more points deducted than the lower end (which looks unfair) but the runners who have the lower points in that race would probabaly not have them counted in the final count,(ie 4 out of the 5 races final count).

Which brings us on to the second race. As l have now got everyone's real running time and not a predicted time,then the next race will have a true bearing on the results,so if a deduction is needed for race two then it should not have if any effect on the final results.(alright if you nit picked you might find the odd one).

By race three, things will and should be on even keel and true results will reamain through out and the runners that have not run more than 2 races will not included on the final count,but will be on the overall series results.

The numbers of runners will always drop off in this type of event,which is the norm.Some runners will want to have a bash at it,(which it is all part of it,) find that it's not their cup of tea and just drop out.Others get injured and have to miss out, and so on.

Like l said many times its for all,it's hard and its fun and its is there for all to take part or not.The race belongs to all and l am just part of it and more important are the people that help out and the runners themselves.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:36 pm

Still think its a bummer of a rule, but I know you know what your talking about DJD, but i'm never one to hold back on my thought's. :)
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:11 pm

what is the rule you 2 are talking about?

All I know is that 4 runs count, so if a runner competes in all 5 it will be his best 4. And if he only runs 4 then obviously that is the runs that count.

Is there more?
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:12 pm

Ninja Mania wrote:, but i'm never one to hold back on my thought's. :)

gee whizz, now that you mention it..... I never noticed that before Ninja Mania :roll: :wink:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Rules are rules. I was hoping to give this series a right good go, but I have missed two and I accept that I will be out of the frame, come prizenight :( (That said, I will be on the start line, and with a bit of luck, on the finishing line on Tuesday to bring the curtain down on another fantastic series).

But........

it's not over yet. There is still the prizegiving and I am minded to buy a trophy for the overall winner, with the monies collected, to be passed down each year that this great footrace continues.

What does everyone think?? I haven't priced a trophy but I'm sure that we could afford a right good wan.

Ninja---you're name won't be on it, but there's always next year----and remember to read the f*****n small print :lol:
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Peter,l have none what so ever problem with the way you speak your mind and say what you feel needs to be said,l'm fine with that,it makes life easy knowing peoples OPEN thoughts.

You being injured and not getting a real run at the last two races don't help matters and l can see why you are miffed and it is a bummer to you as an individual but the rule is good for the series,just as the 30s rule is too.like l said earlier,next year the rules can be made up from all and then we all know were it stands.

Just like to add insult to injury,the points situation still might be subject to change even up to the results of the last race.Anyway it is still close and that is how it should be,right up to the wire for certain places among the male/female finishing positions

Rab,l would vote for that as a go'er

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Well is it not just embarrassing that people who have only ran 2 or 3 races have got more points than me that has done 4?!? lol oh well I doubt my name will be going on that trophy either Rab!! Try www.runningimp.co.uk for good trophies. Pottery shop is good for mementos too.

Ninja, shame you're not counted for the prize this year due to the rules as you were doing so good at the start but I think it's karma for you giving your handicap time from the sport relief fancy dress day... fastest time for you my erse :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to the last race of the year!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Rabmacd wrote:Ninja---you're name won't be on it, but there's always next year----and remember to read the f*****n small print :lol:

Neither will yours be Rab, so thats good enough for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
A cup would be a nice prize Rab, one that would survive for years too come.

Elaine, your so funny, ha f...... ha. :evil:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:16 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:what is the rule you 2 are talking about?

All I know is that 4 runs count, so if a runner competes in all 5 it will be his best 4. And if he only runs 4 then obviously that is the runs that count.

Is there more?

Och 4th Gen, read the bloody small print. I'm still trying to find it.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi All

Just to let any runners that are not in the series and have been running with the club or by themselves and fancy a 3mile time trial,then feel free to come along on Tuesday night and you can have a run with the rest of the runners.

Hopefully the weather and the light will be in our favour. Just incase l don't get speak to everyone, have a good run and l hope you have enjoyed the series as much as l have enjoyed and admired your gutsy performances over the 5 different and sometimes daunting surfaces,especially the unscheduled goats path route,and the odd," don't follow me l'm lost too".

Many thanks to all the helpers,Suzy,Heather,Alison,Noreen and Douglas,which has made my part very easy and really enjoyable.

See you all Tuesday and thos that cannot make it see you at the presentation night.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:48 pm

Looking forward to our last race and at last - a flat one! Thanks to DJD and all helpers for arranging it all, it has been great.

I'll bring some sport awards tickets for the dinner dance on Saturday night along for those of you who have asked for them or want 1, only £15 for 3 courses and should be a good night :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:38 am

Hi All

Well that is it for another year(apart form the best bit The Pub) and l take my hat off to you all for the bloody hard effort that you put into the race or races you ran.

l have just finished knocking up the times from last night and will get them checked over and once that has been done,we will put them up.Having the privilge to see your times first and comparing them with the times some of you did at Lussa at the start of the series,you will be as impressed as l am, how some (most) of you's have improved so much it is amazing and how it is good to see your training is paying off and also to the experience runners that the." Blast from the past" has not left you much as in it is still there among you's.

Many thanks again to all the helpers especially Suzy and Heather for you great company and organisation at the races.

Now l will start to work on the final points and positions and will hopefully have them up by Sunday night on here and the Clubs web site and to Suzy for JS.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Wee photo from last night kindly sent to us by Alasdair MacPhail. :mrgreen: Nice pose 4th Gen! :lol:

If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby madscotsbloke » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:33 pm

Can I just add my personal thanks to Donald, Suzy, Heather, Alasdair and all the other helpers along the way. You have made the Series what it is - thoroughly enjoyable! :)

Let me also thank all of my fellow competitors for their support and banter over the past 5 months.

Me and my gay right foot :oops: will definitley be signing up for next years series as soon as the post hits the forum!! :lol:

Bring on the Winter series :<>

MSB
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Rabmacd » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:48 pm

I would like to add my thanks for what was another great series. Thanks to Donald, Suzie, Heather, Alison, Noreen, Peter P (aye, you!) and to everyone else who helped out at various stages. Apologies if I have missed anyone, but I only managed three races so there may be more volunteers who I;ve missed.

Really enjoyed last night's run----everyone seemed right up for it.

Roll on next year................

Rab

and on that note

Latest list of those who have paid a fiver for prizegiving

Gavin Brown
Peter Paterson
Robert McDonald
Katie Ferguson
Jennifer Reid
Jocelyn Richard
Neil John MacPhail
Stuart and Elaine McGeachy