Saturday Morning Wee Toon Runners

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Saturday Morning Wee Toon Runners

Postby caro » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Thanks guys

That's reassuring - don't want me out of my depth too soon!!

Very motivating visual aid there, scd - i'll just have a water and a cereal bar :lol: :roll: :lol:
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Reminder for Saturdays session

Meet sharp outside Aqualibrium 8.50am to be on road by 9am . Arrive around 9.15am where 4th gen will brief us on the routes to start our run by 9.30am .

Hope to see you all there . 8)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:36 am

This is me up nice and early so I can get oot and on with the work...get all finished up in good time to meet you all for the Southend run. I am fair looking forward to it :)
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:47 am

4th gen Suthen' wrote:This is me up nice and early so I can get oot and on with the work...get all finished up in good time to meet you all for the Southend run. I am fair looking forward to it :)

Its very 'white ' here at MAchrihanish just hope the roads be okay down your way 4th gen . :shock: See you soon . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:08 am

you guys make me so jealous :( I'll need to give up this working lark - its not good for your health :lol:

I thought id get up early this am and go out myself but same as yesterday - very white - maybe could have risked it today but defo not yesterday - imagine being found at 7am frozen stiff to the pavement :lol:
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Back now, great fun right enough, the run, the banter during and the craic afterwards. Now it hard to get out of runner/social mode and into the fermer's claes :( but I've coos to look after and a fuchsia hedge to cut!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Couldnt believe the change in weather when we reached Southend this morning , thought 4th gen was having us when he posted earlier that it was a bright and crisp morning in Southend for a lovely scenic run even tho we were driving thru a blizzard to get there . :shock:

Unfortunately on our way down to Southend we hit a hail storm and at one point it looked like we were not going to make it due to the treacherous road conditions as just before Killellan Estate a car skidded coming towards us and luckily missed Neil John and Co as car came to a halt in ditch . At this point Lynsey ,Caro and Ali were in the next car then following behind them was myself , Moi , Frances and Davie P . We alerted the emergency services but glad to say no-one was hurt just shook up. A huge thanks to Caro, Lynsey and Ali for waiting until the Police arrived while the rest of us headed down to Southend . :oops: :oops:

Sorry girls to have to post this after leaving you all but we had a lovely scenic run over the beach at Dunaverty down towards Keil and onto the beach at Carskiey , the sun was shining and the scenery was amazing . We then headed back to Muneroy tearoom for our long awaited treat . A huge thanks to Frances , Ian and staff for looking after us all so well while we tucked into homemade baking , rolls etc The homemade cheese and tomato scones were delicious Frances :D Thanks to Ninja for picking up the tab . :D

At last but not least a huge thanks to 4th gen for getting up early to get his work done so he could join us and show us the route . We will be back :wink:

Elaine look forward to hearing you and Stuarts race report this morning too . You guys did great running from the wee toon through the snow drift and timing it just perfect to meet us for the last mile .Well done !!
Last edited by Pans Lass on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Talk about 4 seasons in one day! Myself, Stu and Jen21 headed out from Aqualibrium around 8.45am yesterday where it was -3 degrees but a lovely bright day.

After Stewarton it turned into a blizzard! Everywhere was pure white with fresh snow and it was still snowing pretty heavy. We battled on for a while until we came to the girls who were turning back as they had stopped to help at the accident and thought they might get stuck in the snow if they went any further. We decided to do one more mile then turn back into town.... Then we turned round the corner and it was completely clear and beautiful sunshine :D

Thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the run down to southend, beautiful views as you entered the village across the sea then met up with pans lass and Ship Called Dignity, perfect timing, to run across Dunaverty beach back to Muneroy where 4th gen helped me finish off my 12 mile run back to get our tea and scones - brilliant!

Which tearoom next week? :lol:
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:17 am

What a difference a day makes...
Yesterday's run on the beaches of southend really zapped the strength out of me :shock: , I was quite happy to stop at the muneroy tearoom even though I had fallen just short of 6 miles, but maybe the cakes had something to do with it too, :lol: , infact i fell to just under 20 miles for the week, which dissapointed me as I had targeted 25. :cry:

I woke this morning and new that my golf would be cancelled with the frost, so I tuned my mind into doing another 5 or so miles, to take me too my weekly goal.
I headed out and round the moss road and felt really good, when I got right round and back to Stewarton I still felt good so just kept running (Forest gump style), by the time I had done the Chisken loop I had clocked 12.1 miles, I was well impressed with myself, but to be honest I needed a fix round about 10 miles and struggled the last 2, however I Garmin'd out my weekly milage at 31.64, thats 6.64 more than my weekly goal, so I was really happy at that. :D :D

Elaine, as a bench mark, what was your 12 mile time from Saturday? if you tell me I will tell you mine, I know your faster and fitter, I just want something to compare it against.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fja » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:28 pm

The suggestion for Saturday is a run around Loch Lussa. Starting point is the small car parking area at the top of the Peninver Spur (where we parked on week 2). If you have a recent OS map you will see that there is now a wide forestry track, that goes off from the Peninver spur that takes you through the forest and then down towards Bord a Dubh, at which point the track then takes you back to where you started running along the west side of the Loch. It’s just over 6 miles, all forestry commission track apart from the last couple of miles on the road, and quite hilly in places. Alternatively we could do a there and back again starting from the car park to Bord a Dubh – which is about the same distance but an easier run. What we did at week 2.
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks for posting the route for this weeks Wee Toon Runners run fja...sounds like a good plan .

For those wishing to join us please can you meet the usual time outside Aqualibrium 8.50am, sorry no scones this week . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Well I think it was snow shoes or ski's we needed for this mornings run around Lussa Loch . Boy was it tough trying to run in that deep snow ...amazing really ...move over Rosie Swale Pope here we come . At one point as we ploughed thru the snow it felt like an out of body experience as the air was still , the skies clear blue and the trees glistened around us. Just wish you were there with you camera Ship. :(

A few of us stopped after completing the 6.5 miles around the Loch but hats off to Jen, Elaine and Jocelyn for running back to the town ....well done girls !

Next week we are heading down to 4th Gens neck of the woods and before anyone gets excited we wont be stopping at Muneroy for eleven's , sorry next time . Get your thinking cap on 4th gen and let us know what you can come up with for us. I remember a few years ago you took us on a good route from your house over the hills . :shock:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:20 am

Peter told me about yesterday morning's snow. I could hardly believe it! sunny, cold and fresh here but not a hint of snow!

The sub tropical Sunny Suthen' right enough!

Pans Lass, I will think of something! :wink: you can all come here to start.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:38 pm

[quote="4th gen Suthen'"]Peter told me about yesterday morning's snow. I could hardly believe it! sunny, cold and fresh here but not a hint of snow!

The sub tropical Sunny Suthen' right enough!

Pans Lass, I will think of something! :wink: you can all come here to start.[/quote

Pollywilline it is ,hoping for sub tropic weather next week then 4th gen. :wink: Thanks
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:41 am

Looking forward to the run this morning. Please take note of the Mill Turn where you turn off the main road to come this way and also the turn off with the POLLIWILLINE sign just past Mill Park near Dunglass farm where the road goes up and over the steep hill.
I have a few routes devised with wee extra loops, spurs and short cuts so need everyone to be aware of these two spots.
Hopefully all can finish about the same time.....and then a wee extra running bonus for those still able :wink: :evil: :lol: at the end.

See you all later.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat