Saturday Morning Wee Toon Runners

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Saturday Morning Wee Toon Runners

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:06 am

Well thats the holidays coming to an end for me so its back to the old routine as far as the training goes , managed to keep on top of my training apart from one week which I felt I deserved a break , went out this week and really felt okay ,which surprised me. :D

Hope to meet up this Saturday for a LSR with Moi and a few others but not sure about our usually 8.50am start, getting too used to the longer lie in's over the hols like you said Elaine . :oops: Hope you enjoyed your holiday too and left those trainers in your case like I did . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:32 pm

Cant believe how much I enjoyed our run yesterday morning along the beach from Westport to Machrihanish , including an extra mile on the road , to give 9 miles in the bank. The sand at the waters edge was nice and firm and the breeze was just enough to keep you cool without fighting against it . Good pace too so the endorpins stayed with me most of the day which helped keep my blood pressure down thinking about those wind turbines !!! :x
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:34 am

Yesterdays morning run to Peninver was a new challenge for some of us ....not sure if it was worse going or coming back with the mix of up and down hills , traffic was not too bad . All in all a good 10 mile run . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:11 pm

pans i did this same run on friday night in the rain as i was working the weekend, i did upto ardnacross to get my 12 miles in - fair enjoyed the rolling hills.
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:46 pm

fiona28 wrote:pans i did this same run on friday night in the rain as i was working the weekend, i did upto ardnacross to get my 12 miles in - fair enjoyed the rolling hills.

Enjoyed it so much last week we are planning to go to Peninver again tomorrow for our LSR if you free Fiona28 . Its just such a change of route and the rolling hills makes it all that more challenging :wink: Not sure what mileage you are down for tomorrow but can keep you company for at least 10 mile of it . :shock:

Meeting usual time . :)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:39 pm

sorry pans lass, working again tomorrow, working the weekend gives me thurs and fri off so no need for childcare !!

Enjoyed my rolling hills run tonight - 14 in total for long run - stan dropped me off at southend church and i ran the learside in to town - bit off a wind on the last few miles - and carrying a few extra pounds in my camel - filled it too much :lol: - so feel that's another good run under my belt and pleased with how it went. :D

enjoy your run tomorrow. :D

see you at spin on sunday ?? for some pain :twisted:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:51 am

well done Fiona, that is a tough 14 for sure!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:53 pm

cheers 4th, sure you passed me when i was heading to your farm :D then daughter passed me too - :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:09 pm

fiona28 wrote:Enjoyed my rolling hills run tonight - 14 in total for long run - stan dropped me off at southend church and i ran the learside in to town - bit off a wind on the last few miles - and carrying a few extra pounds in my camel - filled it too much :lol: - so feel that's another good run under my belt and pleased with how it went. :D

enjoy your run tomorrow. :D

see you at spin on sunday ?? for some pain :twisted:

Well done on your 14 mile LSR fiona28 ..a tough one indeed like 4th gen said !

Does your legs ever tire ?? That was some spin session you took us through this morning .....felt great after it altho even tho the wee legs were tired from my run to Peninver yesterday morning . Really enjoyed spinning outside with the sun beating down on us , looking out across the Loch to Davaar. :D
Last edited by Pans Lass on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:19 pm

well done today pans spesh after your long run on saturday - think we caught the boys in the final sprint ?? :lol:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Good luck to Frances who is running the Reykjavik half marathon this weekend as her LSR ....some runners will go to any length to get a change of scenery . :wink: Have a great time !!

Shame you are missing the LSR this Saturday fja as we are planning a wee run doon to Soothend and on roon to Carskey with a stop in at Muneroy on the way back :wink: Will keep you a scone :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:40 pm

yes all the best frances, wish i was doing it with you :D instead i'll have a splendid view over to ireland and sanda from southend :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:48 am

fiona28 wrote:yes all the best frances, wish i was doing it with you :D instead i'll have a splendid view over to ireland and sanda from southend :D

And a splendid view indeed yesterday morning but it was a long road in that wind all the way down to Southend . Glad you had the car fiona28 to give us a lift back . I hope your legs are okay for spin this morning after your 16 miles .... :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:10 am

Had to go for a wee nap yesterday after that gail, those long miles sure take it out of you, but good to have company of you n wee moi on bits of it, well done to moi on her 12 and you on your 10, the wind was cruel :x
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:56 pm

This weeks LSR will take us out to Machrihanish and back ....we decided that after 3 weeks of rolling hills we deserve a flat run this week . :D

Meeting outside Aqua at 8.50am .
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat