Saturday Morning Wee Toon Runners

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Saturday Morning Wee Toon Runners

Postby fiona28 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:09 pm

wouldnt mind coming along pans lass, will still need to keep the pace down but would like to put in the miles. fancy an off road :?: d'ya know i really feel like doing some cross country - not fit enough for benguillion tho :(
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Good company this morning with Fiona28, Jen21 and iceblue as we enjoyed a change of scenery and headed along the trail passed the shipyard towards Red Rocks ?? hoping to come out near Kirkousland however due to the mist we could hardly see where we were going and we didnt want to get lost in the hills despite us all having garmims so we turned and headed back to town however it was a nice easy run but 8 miles was enough for me today . :<>

We could just visualize it in next weeks courier ....4 joggers lost in the hills :oops:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Hmmmm was 4th gen with you'se. :lol:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:49 am

Sorry meant to post earlier but no official JS WTR this morning however I know a few of you usual meet up but no route planned , see you next week .

Off to Dunoon :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:53 pm

is sat morn group still on? wasn't sure plans as knew a few of yous were in dunoon.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Sorry don't know why my saturday post never worked until later! Hope you enjoyed dunoon pans lass. Myself and Jen21 did a nice run on the carradale road for a change - very hilly though!

Will anyone be there this Saturday am? Would be good to get along flat route in, maybe somewhere different?
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:02 pm

elainemck wrote:Sorry don't know why my saturday post never worked until later! Hope you enjoyed dunoon pans lass. Myself and Jen21 did a nice run on the carradale road for a change - very hilly though!

Will anyone be there this Saturday am? Would be good to get along flat route in, maybe somewhere different?

Yes Elaine Saturday WTR will be on as usual this week . We finish up officially next Saturday as its the end of our block for the summer (see post Fiona28 put on JS thread) but of course we plan to meet throught he summer months anyway to keep up our training . This Saturday fiona28 is planning a nice surprise route for us , somewhere different , so we have to all wait and see. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Sorry you were unable to make this mornings run fiona28 , we decided to keep your planned route for next week , instead we headed to Westport Beach covering 7.5 miles.

On the way to Machrihanish we had the wind behind us forming a cool breeze of the sea which was nice as it kept us cool however we paid for it on the way back but the scenery helped make up for it . Hope you all enjoyed the refreshing 'dip' in the burn on the way back . :wink:

Elaine hope the wind was not too bad for you as you headed back to town from Machrihanish . :shock:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:49 am

Good end of block run this morning which took us over a few fields , over a sty , thru cow patties and thistles and up a few hills even though I personally didnt join you all for the second part of the route. Back to staying in on a Friday night :oops:

Thanks fiona28 for planning the route and steering us all in the right direction across those fields .Ninja you did well after being out of action for a few weeks.

The WTR JS Saturday block starts officially again 14th August but we plan to continue to meet on Saturdays 8.50am for anyone wishing company for a LSR as some of us have a half marathon, marathon ahead of us . :wink:

Keep up the good running everyone !
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:39 am

Brilliant run yesterday folks, keep smiling elaine those hills just get easier :D

Our run took us from Aqualibrium round to Kilchousland back to town then round the bike track to the left up Benguillion. We fair deserved our wee seat on the bench at the top :lol:

What a view allowing us to look right over our whole mornings run of just about 10 miles.

Good job done :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Anyone running tomorrow? Looks to be a wet one but some of us are still hoping to do 10-12 miles, maybe Southend road, meeting at Aqua just before 9 :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Unfortunately at the moment due to most of us being away or going away on holiday the WTR Saturday morning group are doing their 'own' thing on a Saturday until we meet back officially in August.

Last Saturday afternoon I enjoyed a very wet 8 mile run on the beach from Mach to Westport and back with Millie , it was nice to not have to get up early for a change . :wink:

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer holidays and I look forward to catchin up with everyone again soon . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:22 am

Dont think I mentioned to anyone cos I am that bashful that i am away to Gran Canaria on Saturday - did i say anthing :lol: :lol: also when i come back i am working saturdays and sundays till the kids go back to school due to lack of childcare :(

so its lsfr for me till WTR saturdays start up again
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:14 pm

Enjoy your hols fiona, remember to have some time to relax :D That's me back and have the holiday blues but must get myself back into running as was too hot to get out in Egypt :shock:

I'll post on CRC thread about LSRs on Saturdays for timebeing but a few of us should still be there on Saturday mornings at aqua if any of the regulars still want to come? or are you enjoying your long lies too much pans lass?

When WTR starts back up maybe the running club and WTR could join forces for a lsr if yous wanted at times? It would be great to get some of you JS leaders joining as members so we can all run under one umbrella.... - talking of umbrellas - what is this weather about back at home, where is the sun???!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fja » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm going to take a rain check tomorrow - scheduled for 9 miles which I will do but v slowly - and probably not at 9.am.
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat