coasting around britain

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: coasting around britain

Postby fiona28 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:37 am

heyfolks got a link for you to follow this on runnrs world.

looks like the baton will land with us just after the mokrun, we have a week to get it round the coast and upto oban.

matthew up in carradale is going to be our first point of contact, he will be passing onto lindsay -between them they will get the baton from claonaig to carradale.

Stephen has offered to help out so im thinking he could be next taking the baton down to peninver area. after that im hoping to use the small chunk people to get it round to southend, kenny and john im hoping will pitch in and do a couple of long legs to get the baton from southend and out to machrihanish/westport.

after that its up the kintyre way to tarbert and then ive enlisted some mid argll friends to help out us locals get it to oban.

im thinking on a minibus of 16 doing tarbert to oban at once, 2 running at a time covering 5 mile chunks. hoping for this to be on the saturday or sunday after the mok but again still need to see when the baton arrives.

have a look and see :-

http://www.coastersgb.co.uk/barrytracker.php
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun May 23, 2010 4:56 pm

I'll do whatever I am asked!..or TOLD :roll: :wink: :D

Just away up the Leerside to reconnoitre the rout.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sun May 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Fiona,

I'm happy to do a bit as well. I thought maybe the stretch from the Commercial to the Burnside.

Seriously though, I'm happy to do whatever is required, but would prefer something closer to the town.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun May 23, 2010 7:54 pm

fiona28 wrote:heyfolks got a link for you to follow this on runnrs world.

looks like the baton will land with us just after the mokrun, we have a week to get it round the coast and upto oban.

. hoping for this to be on the saturday or sunday after the mok but again still need to see when the baton arrives.

have a look and see :-

http://www.coastersgb.co.uk/barrytracker.php

perfect timing if baton arrives just after the MOk . Happy to do where ever i am needed but the Machrihanish to Westport sounds appealing :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:42 pm

thanks folks, if you could pmme with contact numbers then i can pass them onto the person who runs before each person to contact for handovers etc. :D

will work out who will follow who and for how long each will run and post the route shortly it is all still dependant on when the baton arrives re the mid week groups doing chunks :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun May 23, 2010 11:19 pm

I will do a bit too Fiona wil pm you.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jackiefulton » Sun May 23, 2010 11:19 pm

happy to do the bit on my side - before / after Muasdale

planning to get moving on the marathon training plan after the mokrun - so a long stretch for me?!?

am away running in Dublin 5-8th June - so hope that doesn't clash

will pm you Fiona
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:05 pm

hi folks

Just on to say thanks for all the support and pm's I have had for this but I am a bit gutted to let you all know the plug has been pulled on us being included!!! :twisted:

To be fair it couldnt really be helped as Barry the Baton is landing in Arran tomorrow. The organisers are trying to keep it moving as much as they can and I had said we would need to hold off until after the MOK run as I couldnt imagine anyone wanting to diverge from their training taper to take part in this over the next few days.

So he is being collected and going straight to Tarbert then on a ferry to Jura i think then on a ferry to oban.

This is however an idea we could use as a fundraiser for another time by linking up all the argyll and bute JS groups so watch this space and thank you all for your support. :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu May 27, 2010 10:12 pm

fiona28 wrote:hi folks

Just on to say thanks for all the support and pm's I have had for this but I am a bit gutted to let you all know the plug has been pulled on us being included!!! :twisted:

To be fair it couldnt really be helped as Barry the Baton is landing in Arran tomorrow. The organisers are trying to keep it moving as much as they can and I had said we would need to hold off until after the MOK run as I couldnt imagine anyone wanting to diverge from their training taper to take part in this over the next few days.

So he is being collected and going straight to Tarbert then on a ferry to Jura i think then on a ferry to oban.

This is however an idea we could use as a fundraiser for another time by linking up all the argyll and bute JS groups so watch this space and thank you all for your support. :D

Disappointed but can understand . :(

I think we all have enough on our plates this week but good idea Fiona for the future !
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat