London 2010 Mararathon Training

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: London 2010 Mararathon Training

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 pm

Jen , If you have not got it already but this months (May) copy of Runners World has a London Marathon Special Guide in it with some inspiring stories of runners who have finished all 29 races. (The Ever Presents) Worth a read.

I am really excited for you Jen and know you have worked so hard to get to this stage , it is an inspiration to watch you train with so much energy and dedication and I wish you all the best . Look forward to your race report .

Enjoyed reading Rabs, Skerry and Wee Toon Plodders posts .
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jen21 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:05 pm

Thanks for all the advice,info, encouragement etc guys! Very much appreciated. Il just need to keep thinking of Eddie Izzard when im running 26.2 miles, what an inspiration he is! The thought of that kills me right now :lol: Weather aint looking very good for saturdays 22miles, more wind & heavy rain :(

Gail - i dont actually get runners world but thanks for letting me know. Il maybe see all you wee toon runners out on my journeys on sat morn :lol:
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby jen21 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:39 am

Week 14;

Mon: Rest
Tues: 1 mile w/up, 6 x 800 m (or 4mins) fast, with 100 m ( or 1min) rec, 1 mile c/dwn
Wed: 6 miles slow
Thurs: 10 miles steady
Fri: Rest
Sat: 18 miles slow
Sun: 4 miles

Now on my taper :D The last few weeks training have been pretty hard going. Managed my longest run on sat morn - 22miles. Everyone is going to think im crazy saying this but i loved every minute of it. Weather was perfect tho which helped alot!! Started at aqua, to sheep fanks & back, out west road, past clochkeil farm to the quarry & back, along the moss road, out machrihanish rd, took the strath road which takes you along balloch/chisken & out onto s/end road at knocknaha, back into town, along high street,down longrow & back to pool. I practised taking my energy gels as the last 2runs ive been finding myself having no energy by mile 16. Took one before i set off, another at mile 8 and my last one at mile 16. I think this helped. Managed my 22miles in 3hours exactly, average pace was 8.12/mile. Im over the moon as i was starting to doubt myself if i would be able to run that amount of miles, but after running on sat its made me feel better about running 26.2miles now. Now that im reducing my miles il be concentrating on my speedwork over the next few weeks!
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Katfer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:15 pm

Wow! :D That is tremendous Jennifer. Not long now. :wink:
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jen21 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:31 am

Week 16: There prob isnt much point in posting this weeks training.

Mon: 4miles
Tues: 1 mile w/up 8 x 400 mtr intervals with 200 mtr rec, 1 mile c/down
Wed: Rest
Thurs; Rest
Fri: Rest
Sat: Rest
Sun: RACE DAY!!!

I dont think il have had as many rest days as this in all my life :lol: Starting to get really really nervous, i cant quite describe how nervous iam. Im glad all this training is coming to an end, even although i have enjoyed most of it. Ive found the last 2 weeks pretty hard going, i think all the training has finally taken everything out of me, leaving me tired all the time, dead legs and totally scunnered. Looking forward to concentrating on more speed work for the mok. I think ive ran every possible route there is here and im starting to find running very boring now! Im not quite sure what time to aim for, i think whatever i get this sunday il be happy with. Right now all i want is for it to be over. All i want to do is enjoy this HUGE race and try and not think about my time too much, easier said than done tho! Lets hope the flights are back to normal for friday or else it will be a looong drive there :x
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby fiona28 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:19 pm

aawww all the best jen21, we will all be sat at the tv looking out for you. you have worked soooo hard for this - go gettm girl :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Here, here. Good luck Jennifer, Charlie and anyone else running this weekend. You have worked hard and sure you're training will pay off. Good luck also with your travel arrangements and say hello to wee Lizzie at the palace for me :lol:
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:54 pm

echo that ....

Good luck to jen, Charlie and Lindsay Paterson ...you have all worked so hard. Go and enjoy !

I will be sitting glued to the TV hoping to catch a glimpse of you :wink:

What colour will you be wearing Jen ?? :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby caro » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Yes - all the best Jen, Lindsay and Charlie - full of admiration for you - hope you have the run of your lives!! :D
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby DJD » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:06 am

Well done Jen21,you are there,enjoy the first of many big races to come.

Have a good one.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Carmen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:17 pm

Good Luch Jen21, Charlie and Lindsay. Will be glued to the tv on Sunday.
Carmen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Skerry » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Jen21 go for it on Sunday :D
Skerry
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby tilly » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:15 pm

Everyone thinking of you all for your big race on Sunday what an achievement you must all be feeling being dedicated to so much running. You all deserve to run well. Good luck Charles, Jen and Lindsay like the others i to will be glued to the telly cheering you's on.
Have a good run Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby tilly » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi i have been glued to the marathon this morning like many of you looking for oor toon runners hoping everythings ok and that they have gone over the finishing line. Looks incredible how all these runners manage to keep going and also the wheelchair marathon competitors fantastic times from so many well disciplined people. Wish i had half their guts to perform in such an exciting and exhilarating race. Jen, Linzi and Charlie i hope you have all managed to reach the goal you's have set for yourselves. Everyone here has been thinking about you's and routing for you all today.
Can't wait to hear your race reports.
Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby madscotsbloke » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:36 pm

tilly wrote: Jen, Linzi and Charlie i hope you have all managed to reach the goal you's have set for yourselves. Everyone here has been thinking about you's and routing for you all today.
Can't wait to hear your race reports.
Tilly :D

Lynsey managed 4 hours 36 minutes :D and is feeling pretty damn good about her efforts. I have it on good authority that she and her back up team (my other half) are sitting recovering whilst sipping a small glass of champagne as we speak. Well done Lynsey, cracking effort!!!!!!! 8)

MSB
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat