London 2010 Mararathon Training

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: London 2010 Mararathon Training

Postby DJD » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:37 pm

That is what you are looking for Jen21,well done to you Stuart and Elaine,you's are not just playing the game.All your hard work is starting to come good.A few good hard more month's to work at, will give you even more confidence going into your marathon.Good on your buddies as well to pace you through that 10k.

Very impressed.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:13 pm

That's fantastic Jennifer, no catchin u now :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Just goes to show all your hard work and dedication is paying off. If only I had your energy!
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:07 pm

jen21 wrote:Last weeks training went well, legs feel as though there going to fall off though, but iam enjoying it. Ran 10 miles on sat with Elaine and Stuart, thanks for the company! :D Was down for 6miles 10k pace aiming for a sub 47.00 then 4miles cool down. Got my quickest time ever for 10k, 43.28mins, so im really chuffed :) Stuart was fast as ever & Elaine knocked a few mins off too, well done! Elaine - you have came on heaps, must be all this hard training. Keep it up :D

Fantastic 10k time Jen , well done , you are really putting in alot of hard work and when I pass you, you make it look effortless as you run by . :mrgreen:

and well done to Elaine and Stuart doing 10 miles.... :)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jen21 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Week 6 Training;

Monday: Rest
Tues: 1 mile w/up, 9 x 400 mtr intervals (fast) with 200 mtr rec, then 1 mile c/down
Wed: 7 miles slow
Thurs: 1 mile w/up, 4miles brisk, then 1 mile c/down
Friday: Rest
Sat: 14 miles slow
Sun: 4 miles easy
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby jen21 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:50 am

Nearly half way through my training for the London Marathon, its scary how quick its actually going! Loving every minute of it so far, but from now the hard work really starts! Im down for 16miles this saturday, does anyone recommend anywhere i could run for this distance? And also anyone want to join me? :lol: Its not very tempting i must say! Saturdays long run past was good, great morning for it! Ran from southend village, round the cattadale hill which comes out onto main road at keprigan, towards killeonan, turned onto the road which takes you along Balloch and out at the Strath farm, headed towards Drumlemble and back towards stewarton, turned & back to my house. Really enjoyed it.

Week 7 Training Schedule;

Mon: Rest (usually do 4miles depending on how i feel)
Tues: 1 mile w/up, 10 x 2 mins hills with a rec to start, 1 mile c/down
Wed:. 8 miles slow
Thurs: 7 miles steady
Fri: Rest
Sat: 16 miles slow

Ive noticed that the 10k training group are down for hills tomorrow night, do you know where your doing yours? Might join you, depends on what hill your going to use though as i need one thats going to last 2 mins! :shock: DJD, hows your knee? Will you be out tues night?
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Katfer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Jen, we are down for hills on Thurs but if everyone is ok with a change, we could do ours 2 moro night instead. Was thinking of hill up to Knockscalbert way and will do a recovery between each hill round (I think it's called Queen st or Princes st??)

We will be meeting at 6.15pm so will hopefully see you then.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jen21 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Katfer wrote:Jen, we are down for hills on Thurs but if everyone is ok with a change, we could do ours 2 moro night instead. Was thinking of hill up to Knockscalbert way and will do a recovery between each hill round (I think it's called Queen st or Princes st??)

We will be meeting at 6.15pm so will hopefully see you then.

Oops, sorry Katfer. I read it wrong! Dont worry about changing, i got it in my head it was tues you were doing it thats why i asked. I was thinking on knockscalbert hill too ( even although i hate it), il prob need to run right round it then recover back to bottom. Ooooh this is gonna be horrible, i hate hills!!
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby DJD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Jen21,you go ahead and join Kafters route as it will coincide with your 2min so you will have company ,its a good offer take it up.

Good to see you are taking this marathon by the scruff of the next which is great.

Knee is still naff so Krakow is probably off. l will just have to concentrate on the junk miles that just keeps you running but does diddly squat for races or even to take on real hard training.

Might have to join the saturday group,which will suit me.(lol) now that Ninja has my scalp on record.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jen21 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Anyone know of any good routes i could do on sat for my 16miler??! Most importantly, anyone fancy joining me?! :) :lol:
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby elainemck » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:26 pm

hey Jen how about we do somewhere down southend and meet up with the sat JS group? That means we could get a cheeky scone at the end as a reward?? :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jen21 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Yeah, we could. Only thing is trying to find a route for 16 miles, we could run from town round the learside and meet?!

Also, keep meaning to say that ive decided to do the marathon for charity, im doing it for MS. Any sponsors welcome :D
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby jen21 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Week 8 Training; Easy week - eeek half way!!

Monday - 4miles
Tues: 1 mile w/up, 3 x 1 mile intervals fast with 400 mtr rec, 1 mile c/down
Wed: 9 miles slow
Thurs: 1 mile w/up, 3 miles brisk, 1 mile c/down
Fri: rest
Sat: 5 miles - half marathon
Sun: 3 miles easy

Last weeks training went well, felt more tired than usual though. My total mileage for last week was 45miles. Tues nights training was the hardest out of the lot, infact it left me feeling sore till friday. I never want to repeat that again, but i know it pops up again somewhere in my training schedule, this time 12 of them!! :( Went out wed with Scott, managed my 8 miles but very slow, thursday i was still feeling it after tues and by fri my legs felt more normal. Saturdays run was a weird and wonderful one. Went with Elaine & Stuart, started at aqua, by the time we got to Stewarton the snow/hail had started until killellan. Couldnt go too fast as it was slippy, everyone must have thought we were mad, even the police thought we were idiots :lol: When the snow stopped i managed to pick up my pace, carried on 8miles towards southend from town so this took me to Keprigan, i then turned back on my lonesome. Got back into town and managed my 16miles, felt alot better this week on my long run though my legs still felt as though they were going to fall off. Im now loaded with the cold though, so im glad this week is my easy week! :D
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby jen21 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Week 9

Mon: 4 miles or rest
Tues: 1 mile w/up, 14 x 200 mtr intervals with 100 mtr rec, 1 mile c/down
Wed: 8 miles slow
Thurs: 9 miles steady
Fri: Rest
Sat: 18 miles slow
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby jen21 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Week 10;

Mon:Rest
Tues: 1 mile w/up,3 x 1.5 miles fast with 400 mtr rec, 1 mile cool down
Wed: 9 miles slow
Thurs: 1 mile w/up, 3miles brisk, 1 mile c/down
Fri:Rest
Sat: 3 miles
Sun: Half Marathon race

Last weeks training went well, alot of mileage covered and managed my longest run yet. Started at the aqua on sat morning, went out the west road and round the moss road, out to lossit and back into town, along to kilkerran cemetary and bak to the pool. That was 18miles, and i really enjoyed it surprisingly! :D Managed my 18miles in 2 hours 27mins. So i was really chuffed with that considering ive never ran that far in my life! Weather was great though, not a breath of wind and the sun was shining, so that made it all the better. Went out yest and ran 4miles, my god my legs were soooo sore. Could hardly run, but i just managed it in no more. Cant believe i only have 6 weeks of training left :shock:

DJD - i cant seem to get a hold of the balloch half committee, ive emailed them and phoned and its just ringing out, i also wont be able to do inverness one as im working sat morn, too far to travel. Do you think i could just run the balloch half and just not go over the finish line?!
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby DJD » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Jen21,

Well done on your training.

As regards to Balloch,you need some sort of race at that distance,so as l said in my pm l have turned up at a race with no number and ran the race,its a one off for you ,you have tried your best to get in,just now go for it and stop short of the line.

Just say to people if they ask ( not that they will) at the start line you turned up to late for registration.

You can always donate the cost of the race to them at the end,or even plead with them at the registration,if it was me l would just run it and grin and bare at the looks from people.

Thing to remember on race day runners just care about themselves.

Go for it.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat