Islay 5k Fun Run

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Islay 5k Fun Run

Postby fiona28 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:21 am

Hey fellow runners

I have had an invite to share with you from Islay :

Its an Angels and shepards run with £5.00 entry or £3.00 to Scottish Athletics members and the money is going to charity and refreshments will be provided after.
Ferry wise the morning ferry gets to Port Ellen at 12:00 and leaves again at 5 pm
or there is the afternoon sailing from Port Askaig at 3:30pm but if given notice we could arrange transport over to that ferry.
If anyone wants to come over the day before we could sort out a bed or floor space for the Saturday night.
Anyway thought I would let you know and apologies for the short notice but we have thrown this together at the last minute.
Entry can be done on the day but obviously a heads up on numbers etc would be great.
Hopefully we will see you over for what should be a good day.

Anyone fancying a run please contact : gordonmaclennan@btinternet.com

Keep up the good running :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Islay 5k Fun Run

Postby Wee Norz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:50 pm

Hey Fiona28, when is it????
Wee Norz
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby fiona28 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:02 pm

Awww gawd wee norz thought id been really clever with my cutting and pasting its on 20th december!!! not the best of dates but if organised got the prezzies wrapped,all your cards written and delivered, turkey n sprouts all ready to go and you find yourself sitting twiddling your thumbs why not take a wee jaunt to islay :D or even better help a friend who is not so organised :oops:
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby caro » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Think I'll be giving this one a miss - but thanks for the info anyway! Id be very afraid that if JS go to Islay we wouldn't come back to 2010!! :lol:
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:28 pm

caro wrote:Think I'll be giving this one a miss - but thanks for the info anyway! Id be very afraid that if JS go to Islay we wouldn't come back to 2010!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant !!

fiona28 wrote:Awww gawd wee norz thought id been really clever with my cutting and pasting its on 20th december!!! not the best of dates but if organised got the prezzies wrapped,all your cards written and delivered, turkey n sprouts all ready to go and you find yourself sitting twiddling your thumbs why not take a wee jaunt to islay :D or even better help a friend who is not so organised :oops:

Thanks for passing this on Fiona , would love to go but got another big night out on the 19th Dec so dont want to miss the boat on the Sunday :D Never been to Islay and it would be a fun day away but as Caro said we may not get back to 2010 :lol:

Maybe maybe ....will see how organised I am this week with the festive preparations ! Anyone else going ??
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat