2010 Races

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: 2010 Races

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:34 pm

fiona28 wrote:sounds like a good trial 10k for those who have just got back into the training - anymore interested?? will put it to the groups this week n see what interest is generated elaine, cheers :D

Sounds like a good one to do and like DJD said it wil give us all a good indication of our handicap time come May however i hope to improve my 10k time between Feb and May :wink:

So is it that time for the BIG Yellow bus fiona28 ....can discuss at meeting on the 6th Feb if this is not too late or put on the leaders forum .
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:00 pm

I would be interested in going on the Wee Toon Runners trip to the 10k next month :D I was thinking about doing this race anyway as my marathon training schedule has me down for doing a 10k race that weekend.

I like the sound of the "completely flat course" ..... good pb potential :D
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fja » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:26 pm

I'd be up for this, running beside the canal is appealing, and it's an afternoon start.
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ninja Mania » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:48 am

Having a meeting tomorrow night with our KWR team the 4x4s 8) (cool name.)
I think I will put it to them and see if anyone of them would be interested in going to The Jack Crawford 10k, it would give the new boys a break in the training programme and would allow us to register our handicap series times too.
Is there a limit for entry for this event? does anyone know.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:12 am

Think it's around 500 limit Ninja but I think only around 200 ran last year.

You can get more info and link to download entry form:
http://www.springburnharriers.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=241&Itemid=94 It's £8 entry fee.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:25 pm

For those who can't travel to the JC run, there may be the possibility of another Sport Aid 6 miler in the town, the weekend of 18th to 21st March. I know that the event was held last year--a one mile run, a three mile run and a six mile run.

It may get you running against competition, to get your times down.

I don't know if DJD wants the full 10K (6.2 miles) or if 6 miles will suffice to get a pace over that distance. You could always run another 0.2 miles past the finish!
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Rabmacd

the three mile or the 6 mile would be suffice,but l would need a proper/or an official time recorded or witnessed by another Wee toon Runner,like Rab has said"it gives another chance to have your time assessed".
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jackiefulton » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 pm

yes sport relief mile or 3 or 6 happening....

21st March 2010
Sport relief website was launched on wednesday so you should be able to sign up or get info on the Campbeltown Loch Esplanade mile
..same as before starting at St Kieran's School
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Tal » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Hey,
Think I'll come home for the sports relief event!

As for the Jack Crawford - There are a few of us up here planning on going! I've a feeling you can enter on the day - Alan Hill is the contact - his email address is arhill@hotmail.co.uk

I went to cheer on Elaine, Stuart Jen etc last year! Loads of muddy people coming over the line!! Looked like fun! :D

See you there folks if not before!

Tal
Tal
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:32 am

Tal wrote:Hey,
Think I'll come home for the sports relief event!

As for the Jack Crawford - There are a few of us up here planning on going! I've a feeling you can enter on the day - Alan Hill is the contact - his email address is arhill@hotmail.co.uk

ISee you there folks if not before!

Tal

Good to hear from you Tal..hope all going well for you up the road .

Unfortunately after our Jog Scotland meeting tonight we have decided this is too soon for our annual 'away' trip for our group however we will be encouraging our memebers to enter the local Sports Relief Event which gives them a choice of a 1, 3 or 6 mile .

On another note a few of us are planning to do the Nigel Barge 10k Road Race (Maryhill 10k as we are calling it ) on the 27th March so may see you there ! :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:08 pm

For anyone interested in the Nigel Barge 10k here is the info below on how to enter etc.

Nigel Barge 10k Memorial Road Race postponed until 27th March 2010

Due to the weather and specifically the poor underfoot conditions the Nigel Barge 10k Memorial Road Race (and associated 3k Junior Race) will not go ahead as advertised this coming Saturday 9th January. Both events have been postponed, and will instead take place on Saturday 27th March 2010 with the venue still Garscube Sports Complex. Those who have pre-entered can retain their place for the new date, secure a place in the 2011 race, or alternatively contact Kenny Stevenson for a full refund (ken.stevenson@hendersonloggie.co.uk). Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Welcome to the Nigel Barge page. Here you will find all you need to know about the 2010 Nigel Barge 10k Memorial Road Race. Maryhill Harriers would like to thank you for entering or if you are thinking about entering. This is one of Scotland's oldest road races, being run now for more than 60 years.
The race commemorates Nigel Barge who was killed in action in Dunkirk during World War II. Nigel was an outstanding officer who trained as a Royal Engineer and was killed at Dunkirk. He came top of his class at Woolwich (“The Shop”) and had helped prepare and map defences around Dunkirk and had assisted in the repairing of small craft to ensure the debarkation of his comrades. He was also a licensed pilot and a keen athlete. Nigel’s father was Kenneth Barge, late of the Bengal Lancers, a member of the committee of Maryhill Harriers. The race has run every year since 1943.

For Sponsorship information contact: Stephen Jones on 07876343894.

This year there will also be a 3K Junior Race starting at 12.30pm for those aged 9-15.
Entry to this race is on-the-day only and shall cost £1.

How to Enter and What's On Offer
The Race was due to be run on the 9th January, but due to icy conditions has been postponed until Saturday 27th March and will start at 1400 at

Garscube Sports Complex, West of Scotland Science Park, Maryhill Road, Glasgow, G20 0SP, Scotland

Entry/Register: 400 entries max.

Pre enter by post or online at www.born2run.co.uk

Postal entries (using the form available in the downloads section) must be received by Saturday 20th March to

Kenny Stevenson, Race Director, Maryhill Harriers, 34 Cromarty Gardens, G76 8PA.

Contact: 0141 633 1667 Contact Email: stejon3v16@hotmail.com

Registration/number collection closes at 1.40pm at Garscube Sports Complex

Cost: £8 SA Affiliated/£10 otherwise. Add £2 for on the day entry (if available).

Entry Form Link (2010 form now available in Dowloads sections of website):

http://www.maryhillharriers.com/uploads ... ck2010.doc

Event Type: Run-Road Age Group: Adults/Juniors
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:06 pm

I did the Nigel Barge last year, not a great PB course which consists of two 5k loops which have some wee and some not so wee hills included and a bit of a bottle neck start, but a good training run. See you all there. :D :!:
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby caro » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:10 pm

As you know, Pans - am thinking of this one...debating Katfer's phrase 'not so wee hills' at the moment!! :D
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Katfer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Go for it Caro, should have also mentioned the downhills! :D :D
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jen21 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:12 am

Im going to do the 10k on the 27th Feb, anyone doing this one?

There is also a half marathon in Balloch on 14th March (sunday), if anyone is up for doing that one? Im doing it as part of my marathon training. I think also Scott, Elaine & Stuart and Tal are.
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat