2010 Races

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: 2010 Races

Postby Katfer » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:23 pm

No Jen, going to do the sport relief 6 mile and the Nigel Barge on 27 March. Am away at the Jack Crawford one, otherwise would have given it a try.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby elainemck » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Think I might have to give Jack Crawford a miss too as I have a night oot now that weekend. Although I have now entered Balloch - Clydebank half marathon on 14 March instead as well as the Nigel Barge 10k and sport relief 6 miles - going to be a busy few months :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:09 am

elainemck wrote:Think I might have to give Jack Crawford a miss too as I have a night oot now that weekend. Although I have now entered Balloch - Clydebank half marathon on 14 March instead as well as the Nigel Barge 10k and sport relief 6 miles - going to be a busy few months :D

Well done Elaine ...you are well ahead of the game with your training. 8)

I have just entered online tonight for the Nigel Barge 10k and will also do the sports relief 6 miles ....then that will be me until the MOK half :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jackiefulton » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:26 pm

thought I would go public on my challenge of the year....

Sport Relief, MOKRUN and then some serious training and looking for advice from some of you currently wolrking hard on programmes (jen21) as I start workin towards...
New York :D New York :D

yes 4th gen, got my place , thanks for your advice (just need to find someone with a video player and I'll borrow your tapes)

and pans lass, sorry but I too still have my red socks and did ask Ninja for purple - but when he couldn't get that he took an executive decision and got me red!!!
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:55 pm

jackiefulton wrote:thought I would go public on my challenge of the year....

Sport Relief, MOKRUN and then some serious training and looking for advice from some of you currently wolrking hard on programmes (jen21) as I start workin towards...

yes 4th gen, got my place , thanks for your advice (just need to find someone with a video player and I'll borrow your tapes)

and pans lass, sorry but I too still have my red socks and did ask Ninja for purple - but when he couldn't get that he took an executive decision and got me red!!!

well done Jackie on getting a place in the New York marathon ....so jealous :mrgreen: Exciting .....

At least your our socks will match our new gear , a matching pair :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 am

Good one Jackie , a blinder of one at that and l suppose if you are going to do one, it may as well be a Major.

Like Pans Lass, l feel jealous in a good way too.

See you at Sports Relief
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:57 pm

jackiefulton wrote:thought I would go public on my challenge of the year....

WOW WOW WOW - well done Jackie! Good luck with your training, NY will be a once in a life time amazing experience. Like pans lass and djd, I'm jealous!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jackiefulton » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:23 pm

Thought I would just bring this one back to the top again..

be good to browse through and see just how many events local runners got to as we head into the final part of the year.

I've still got a few more weeks training before NY which means that the 3 heading off to Dublin must be at the tailing off stage - so good luck to you all :D

I have just taken part in the London Run to the Beat Half, a good race - glad I trained up Barr Glen - it was a hilly route! A bit of a strange start - London transport had delays on the Jubilee line- delaying many entrants -so at about 9.00 am a decision was taken to push the start back by 45 mins. So 17,000 (less those delayed) hanging about on a cold windy morning. Foil blankets, after race water/juice / snacks were all opened up and available pre race. It didn't seem to cause any stress - so a good day and a good time too :D

any word on the Tin Farm 5?
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby elainemck » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:50 pm

Well done on the run to the beat half Jackie, it looked a good one, although hilly. I had hoped to do one more half this year but can't find one in late oct/nov that sticks out and fits into school hols if away. Def hope to do Tin Farm though which I think will be Sunday 7th Nov.

I think a few are doing Oban half on Sunday - good luck!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:31 pm

Aye,have a good one all that are off to Oban,Charlie and 4th gen and anyone else.

Anyone get London 2011 as the ballot mags is all out.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:29 pm

DJD wrote:
Anyone get London 2011 as the ballot mags is all out.

:( Got my 3rd LM comiserations letter! Boo! Although not sure whether to be devastated or inwardly pleased??!! A bit of both. So no london marathon for me again... Although with CRC now an affiliated club with SA and UKA we may be able to get one or two club places which I will look into this month then we can hold our own ballot ;-) I really do want to give a marathon a bash (even just the once!!) so if anyone has got any suggestions for any other marathons to do maybe around the same time as London let me know.

Anyone successful?

Good luck Charlie and 4th gen for Sunday, I'm sure you both will do really well.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:27 pm

oh and good luck to those who are doing the loch ness marathon tomorrow - I know there are a few, we'll be thinking of you!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:16 pm

Thanks for the good wishes Elaine, I am looking forward to it.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Now that the dust has settled and l have had time to reflect on this race,it has in my little runs of marathons, Snowdonia is in the top five that l have done and l think,well, l know l will do this race again next year if we as a club don't manage to put one together for next autumn

Really enjoyed this one,maybe because l ran well within myself and in the back of my mind l can go back and have a real crack at it.

Definitely one to be penciled in for the future for some of you runners.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:26 am

Well done Donald, just found your times, you must be chuffed!
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat