jogscotland - Wee toon runners in "running" for awars

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: jogscotland - Wee toon runners in "running" for awars

Postby Carmen » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:47 pm

Good luck to the girls on Saturday. Have a great time. Look forward to hearing how things went.
Carmen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Katfer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:41 pm

Good luck girls, you all deserve to win.

Get your glad rags on and have a great night. Remember to take the trainers off and put the high heels on! :D :D
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jogscotland » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Hello girls,

I wanted to say how nice it was to see you all! Ann came to see you but she said you must be up dancing the night away!

What a fantastic effort to be nominated for the second year in a row. You know what they say ... third time a charm!

I hope you enjoyed the night, you all looked stunning

:) :D
jogscotland
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby tilly » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:03 am

Hi everybody i thought Oor Fiona would have been on here by now letting you all know how we got on. Oh forgot she's away to stay in the Lochfyne hotel in Inverary living it up again lovely food, swim, spa, etc.Lucky you Fiona hope you enjoyed yourself :) We all had a lovely time glad rags on but to no availe no awards came our way.(need to find out what the other groups and individuals do that we don't). Lovely for Fiona and the Group to be nominated though, 3rd time lucky maybe. Highlight of the night seemed to be getting photo taken with Paula Radcliff, Trudy very excited at this but was disappointed she never got her autograph. Anyway no awards no worry what makes jog scotland special is the people who come along week in week out to support the group. Great wee group, lovely people and lots of chat. :D
Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:38 pm

well said Tilly, I'm back and shattered, it's not all it's cracked up to be this "high life" of travelling and living in hotels :lol: got home weds at 4:45 and out to class at 5:15 :oops:

we were a wee bit disappointed at not being on the receiving end but on reflection so very proud that you all thot enough of the group to put in your comments onto our overall report. We know we have something good going on down here and will keep doing the good work and that's what in the big picture is really important. I think on some of you that I know would have never ran - I'm going to quote a friend now "further than the van for a packet of fags" - this speshial lady is now a jogleader, non smoker and runs 3 times a week - that is a success story and only one of them :D

For my nomination for Jogleader I am just so proud you all took the time to put pen to paper for me and I'm not forgetting all the gifts you lavished on me after the 10k at the end of May. You all touch me, I love supporting you all and being there for my extended family - as I call you all my girls and boys :D :D

I'm afraid to say we are in the courier again with Paula Radcliff but I must say she's not a patch on our Liz McColgan for me, who just made my year last year and I have the picture of it on my computer desk :wink:

I didnt contact the courier Ruth phoned me saying she had a press release and had we won??? So I gave her the rundown that by being nominated and short listed we were winners and by just being JOGSCOTLAND CAMPBELTOWN - THE WEE TOON RUNNERS we are winning.....

I was still very tired when i spoke to her so i hope it soundz okay :?
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Wow girls ...your photo in the courier was great and you all looked fabulous . You did the WEE TOON proud :D

As for your comments Fiona and Tilly you brought tears to my eyes ...you deserved to be nominated Fiona and proud to say short listed twice..third time lucky . As for the group ...you said it from the heart fiona and we are all winners ..we have a great group of leaders and joggers. Thank you all.

Party party tomorrow ....ye ha :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:48 am

Have a great day gang - and a wee vino for me :wink: - lovely picture today in the paper. You all looked lovely :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Previous

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat