Fresh n' Lo 10k - Glasgow, 7 Sept

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Fresh n' Lo 10k - Glasgow, 7 Sept

Postby caro » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 am

Just signed up online for this event. Think it was our first official JS tour on the 'big yella bus' last year - and those of us who went had a fantastic time! :lol: :oops: I know some of the newer members have expressed an interest and it would be great to get another squad together to head up to Glasgow again this year.

If you sign up before mid-June, there is a discounted early bird offer!
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Fresh n' Lo 10k - Glasgow, 7 Sept

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:55 pm

I have already signed up for this one Caro when I entered the Glasgow ladies 10k on 18th May. Got the 'early bird fee' if i applied for the two events so saved a few pounds. :wink:

I hope we can do a repeat of last year and hire the bus again. With the members we have now we might need a BIG RED bus from West Coast Motors. . :wink: :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:50 pm

Thinking (THINKING) of doing the 1/2 marathon - anyone else??
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby tilly » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:55 pm

Where do we find info on Fresh'n'Lo 10k. Think i would like to do this one since missed out on it last year.

Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:31 pm

tilly wrote:Where do we find info on Fresh'n'Lo 10k. Think i would like to do this one since missed out on it last year.

Tilly :D

Hi Tilly,

Just google 'Fresh n lo Great Scottish Run ' and you will find the online entry form. Glad you can join us this year. Its going to be another good weekend ...I can feel it already . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:36 pm

elainemck wrote:Thinking (THINKING) of doing the 1/2 marathon - anyone else??

I have already entered in the 10k Elaine ,really enjoyed the race last year and want to try beat my time however I am sure others will join you. 8)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fja » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:30 pm

Elaine, I've signed up for the Glasgow half - partly motivated by its later start,compared with the 10k! More positively I'm thinking it will make me keep up the miles over the summer holidays. Good to know others will be doing the same.
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby elainemck » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:39 pm

Good stuff! I'll need to pick up my training during the summer. that's me entered!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Thu May 08, 2008 5:15 pm

im hoping to do the half as wel and i think iceblue may do it too, i signed up for the half last year but didnt get training time so moved to the 10k with no problems, but hope to do the half this year, trying to persuade katfer to do it too.

she is entered for the 10k but i think she'd be able to swap races easily and after the way she did gigha she should go for it - r u listening katfer :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Wed May 14, 2008 10:14 pm

Good stuff! Was planning to do the women's 10k on sunday in Glasgow but getting loaded with the cold so may have to pull out :(

Will def be getting the long distances in over the summer to do my first ever half!

Fi - hope you don't mind me putting your name in as the warm up for mokrun in race pack?? Can't wait, you'll get the whole 600 strong crowd going for sure! x
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:24 am

elaine, didnt mind but at all - but it made my stomach start to go all butterflies with the thought of it. Been practising the moves on the girls at my classes this week and then on the intermediates last night, they reckon they'll all be too knackered to run but i told them just to think on the amazing atmosphere thats going to be there and that they'll be so syched up theyll bounce their way through it no problem.

i think the whole of the wee toon just cant wait elaine :D

hows your training going?? mind if you're thinking of doing the half our saturday morning group will be keeping the distances up over the summer :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:42 pm

Put my form away yesterday! Still a couple of weeks for the early bird entries! Better look the trainers out again after 2 week holiday!
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby the ice maiden » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Well Ags thanks for the offer, but looks like I'll no make this one either! Saw the orth surgeon today - he was quite impressed with the crunchin sound of my knee, so I'll no be runnin for a while yet. Never mind, I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway.
And let me tell you sumthin - if I hear wan wurd, I mean wan wurd o u complainin o yer time - woe betide ye!!
the ice maiden
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ags » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:49 pm

Not so good Ice Maiden hope you get it sorted soon and can maybe join us next year somewhere!!
Oh dear - Jogscotland moaner of the year :lol:!! I promise not to whinge at all in Glasgow tho I know a man who will probably say that's impossible :lol: :lol:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby fiona28 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:24 pm

Decided to be sensible and do the 10k, no point trying to find time to push my knee past its limits over the summer, it needs slow build up so I'll do the 10k and hope my pace will have picked up by then as i would love to break my pb and get a sub 50. :D

It's all about new challenges to keep you going :wink: thats what ill think about as i plod slowly round the meadows playing field over and over again. :oops:

Trying to keep off the roads and the inclines to ease the knee in slowly. :D

Mind u had a killer session with Julia (fingers) McConoughy yesterday and if you can live thro that pain you can survive anything :shock:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat