Gigha Run

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Gigha Run

Postby caro » Mon May 05, 2008 10:19 am

Well done to everyone who took part in the Gigha run. Sounds like it was a good, if windy, day!! Pans - hilarious!! I can imagine you hopping up and down in your wee red coat at the ferry terminal :D :D I take it from the looks you were getting that you didn't ask the cap'n for a steer of his wheel?? :D
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Tue May 06, 2008 8:34 am

caro wrote:Well done to everyone who took part in the Gigha run. Sounds like it was a good, if windy, day!! Pans - hilarious!! I can imagine you hopping up and down in your wee red coat at the ferry terminal :D :D I take it from the looks you were getting that you didn't ask the cap'n for a steer of his wheel?? :D

:lol:
You right Caro I was literally hopping up and down at the ferry terminal :lol: :lol: The 'smile' was not working this time but I think the panic in the voice worked. :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm

fiona28 wrote:come on katfer n iceblue, give us a post of your times cos i have a memory like a hen, i think iceblue was 1:35 which is 3 mins off last years time, i think im sure she'll correct me if im wrong :( dont be shy girls and can you mind our boy matthews time i know he was in just after you katfer.

Sorry haven't replied til now, but my computer had died on me. My time was 1:30, so was chuffed with that.

Pans lass, your report was hilarious, just as it was at the time, only you could have wangled a seat on the ferry.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby MacDuff » Wed May 07, 2008 1:53 pm

What distance was the Gigha Run and was it an "out and back course" ?

Just curious.
MacDuff
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Pans Lass » Wed May 07, 2008 7:08 pm

MacDuff wrote:What distance was the Gigha Run and was it an "out and back course" ?

Just curious.

It was 11 miles Macduff ....4 miles south side of island then back to the Shop which made it approx 8 miles then another 1.5 miles North and back to the shop again. Not good with my directions but think thats right . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Thu May 08, 2008 5:05 pm

pans lass you are nearly right except 4 miles to north of island and back to shop then 1.5 miles to south then back to shop making it 11 miles. :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SammyD » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:24 pm

I've just been reading the thread.

Never mind the run, the drama around it sounds terrific.

I'm beginning to think about coming up in 2009.

Is there a planned date for next year?

I noticed that the Kintyre relay is planned for 2 May 2009. Is there a plan to co-ordinate the two races (Saturday/sunday) or consecutive weekends? etc

SammyD
SammyD
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby DJD » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:05 pm

Ref your question Sammy D, l doubt if the two races will coincide with each other on same weekend,that is a guess on my part for l can't speak for the race organisers.The Gigha race does not have a set day or week.

Someone else on here might have better information on the matter.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 pm

Welcome sammy, i can try and find out for you, i know the lassie who organises the run, djd would be the man to find out about the kintyre way relay :D

It is a lovely place to run and as we have all found out challenging in more than one aspect eh pans lass :lol:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:38 am

Hey folks was speaking to Laura at the weekend and she's not certain the run is going ahead this year. With her now living in Tarbert it is quite difficult to organise if you don't stay on the island. Will keep you posted if anything changes. :(
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Who could step in here and save the day??? Are we bold enough to take over Gigha and just go as a Jogscotland day out and run the island anyway :lol: I think there are plenty bold people in JSC, lets try and choose a nice dry, not windy day and have a picnic on the island - we can all bring our little people with us :D and get the local sheep dog to watch them all. Spesh if DJD comes with his troops :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby kmc » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:09 pm

Hi Fiona

For us starters could you please tell us more about it and do you think we could do it?
Kenny
kmc
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:36 pm

hey Kmc, it's eleven miles and runs from the shop to the north tip and back (8 miles) and then from the shop to the south tip (3 miles). I suppose if there was an interest we could do a 3 an 8 and an 11 - OMG, am i really getting into this??? Maybe we should check with the Gigha people first :lol: They might see us coming and not let us on the ferry :lol:

good for you kmc, 11 miles non-stop :oops:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bonnie Lass » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Mull of Kintyre relay on 2nd May - could do both - if you had the energy !! Rob Reid the organiser on: 07712 828106
Bonnie Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:51 pm

fiona28 wrote:Who could step in here and save the day??? Are we bold enough to take over Gigha and just go as a Jogscotland day out and run the island anyway :lol: I think there are plenty bold people in JSC, lets try and choose a nice dry, not windy day and have a picnic on the island - we can all bring our little people with us :D and get the local sheep dog to watch them all. Spesh if DJD comes with his troops :D

great idea Fiona28 ....sound like a plan if the Gigha folk dont mind. It should not take much to organise and we could have a great big JS picnic afterwards ...I wonder if the ferryman will let me on this year if I late again ... :oops: :oops:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat