Flora London Marathon 2009

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Flora London Marathon 2009

Postby DJD » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:05 pm

////
Last edited by DJD on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby caro » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:00 am

I'm sure everyone wishes you every success in London, DJD - but on a personal note can I once again offer a massive thank you on behalf of everyone associated with this year's Castle Toward trip for your fund raising; and also to everyone who has supported DJD's sweepstake fundraiser.

I'm sure there will be a bunch of Primary 7's glued to the telly looking out for you! :lol:

All the best and thanks again!
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby weetoonplodder » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:07 am

Hi DJD

hope your trainings gone well, might see you at the start,, Im off of the Blue start,, if i dont have a good run and ill catch up with you on here after to see how you got one
weetoonplodder
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Best of luck to DJD and the rest of the boys. I'll look out for you on the telly.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the ice maiden » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:21 pm

Good luck to everyone taking part. I always said that if you were going to do a marathon there's no point unless it's the New York one, but when I hear the music off the programme I always get quite emotional as I think of all the people who are doing it for different reasons and causes. I don't usually read the Sun newspaper (can't stand it)-but I read Bill Leckie's article today about doing the marathon on Sunday. There was supposed to be a group of them doing it, but one of the them past away last week, so one is waiting to go to the funeral and the other's are taking part as a tribute to him. That is what makes this run so special. I found I was actually saying to myself 'stuff the physio's advice do the 10k!'. What is 6.2 miles of pain to 26 miles? Anyway again-Best of Luck and Best Wishes.
the ice maiden
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:56 pm

all jogscotland buddies are rooting for you djd, we know you will think on us as you speed through those 26 miles. 8)

will be watching tv all day for you in your "wee toon runners" vest 8)

im sure you'll do us proud :D

not sure however that many of us will be doing it next year :oops:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:24 pm

////
Last edited by DJD on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:52 am

Good luck DJD and Wee Toon Plodder in London Sunday . Hope to see you on the telly. 8)

Hope you get a good day for it . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:34 am

Got the telly on hoping to see oor DJD or Wee Toon Plodder running in the London marathon this morning ...you can feel the atmosphere thru the telly. Glad its a day for it.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:02 am

Got up and out and on with the work early this beautiful morning so I would be done and back in in good time for the build up to and the start of the race..........things were going well for a while!! then problems :? :shock: :? which delayed me greatly :( but got back just in time for the mass start......didn't spot DJD or Wee Toon Plodder but saw plenty others!!

Love watching the London Marathon on TV, as Pans Lass says the atmosphere really does come through the TV.....pretty emotional for some daft runners :roll: :roll:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:44 am

Any of you JogScotland, Campbeltow, lassies fancy wearing that gear HAiley Haining has got on? :shock: :wink:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:54 am

Amazing finish from the men's race....Lel just kept that last bit of energy for a grand finish. The speed off those legs were amazing .....its so exciting to watch ...not the legs I mean the race. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Tom B » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:28 pm

really love watching this too - the build up is amazing - great atmosphere - every year I say, maybe I'll enter for next year...maybe I will!

Chris Brasher founder of the London marathon, said the followng after running the New York marathon in 1979 and wondering if London could play host to a similar event...

""To believe this story you must believe that the human race can be one joyous family, working together, laughing together, achieving the impossible. I believe it because I saw it happen. Last Sunday in one of the most trouble-stricken cities of the world, 11,532 men, women and children from 40 countries of the world, assisted by one million black, white and yellow people, Protestants and Catholics, Jews and Muslims, Buddhists and Confucians, laughed, cheered and suffered during the greatest folk festival the world has seen. And at the end of it all the story was written in their faces - faces of contentment and happiness.
I'm sure that it was written in my face because I was one of those thousands who won the New York Marathon. For more than 10,000 of us who finished, it was a great personal victory over doubt and fear, body and mind. And for most of us, we won only because one million New Yorkers came out of their homes and holes to feed and water us, to make music and brotherly love and to be Good Samaritans to all who felt like dropping by the wayside.
I have heard the crowd shouting Sir Gordon Richards home in the Derby; the roar of the winning goal at Wembley; Olympic chants in four continents; but I have never heard such fervour as came from the crowd who cheer you as you approach the finish of the New York City Marathon.
Nearly 2,000 years ago, Paul saw a vision on the road to Damascus. Last Sunday millions of us saw a vision of the human race, happy and united, willing their fellow human beings to a pointless but wonderful victory over mental doubt and bodily frailty.
I wonder whether London could stage such a festival? We have the course, a magnificent course, but do we have the heart and hospitality to welcome the world?"
CB in 'The Observer', October 1979.
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:03 pm

2890 201 30648 » CAMPBELL, DONALD J (GBR) M50 3:20:13
back / new search
refresh
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:08 pm

just seen djd on the tv in the highlights programme with his wee toon runners top on and number 30648 as 4th said above, cant believe it :D

well done djd :D 8) :wink:
Last edited by fiona28 on Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat