Running Shoes

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Running Shoes

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:02 pm

Enjoyed reading your shopping trip report Rab ....
:lol:

I have had the same treatment at Achilles Heel and would not go anywhere else now. Great service all in and like you mentioned Rab they sell you the shoe thats right for you regardless of the price . I started of with Asics and they worked great to start with but when I started to increase my mileage, training from a 10k to a half I started to get a niggle in my knee as I was ready for a new pair of trainers I went back to them for advice . They looked at my gait again and advised me to try Brooks which would give me more stability over longer periods......problem solved and i have never looked back .Think I got Cheeky Chappy Charlie Chaplin gait too. :oops:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby tilly » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi like most folks i think it is really important to have feet measured and fitted with the correct running shoes i have done this on both occassions when needing new running shoes. However on my last visit to Glasgow a couple of weeks ago i was going to treat myself to a new pair of trainers so off i went to run 4 it thinking i knew what i was looking to buy (thought my feet overpronated so i was told previously) so eplained to this nice gentleman what i was after. Very patient man went through the rigmarole of examining my feet to be baffled as to why i was told i overpronated when he was convinced my feet should be in neutral running shoes. He asked the other shop assistance to also come and check out my feet again the answer was neutral. Wondering where i had purchased my previous shoes and answered from this store the reply was that the assistant who sold my Asics 2120 should not have done so and should have got the sack. I now know i have been running in the wrong shoes for the last couple of years. They did give my feet a thorough going over which i was pleased about and due to an injury in my ankle thought it better not to sell me trainers at the moment until my foot was mended and then purchase trainers. The service was very good and i was pleased they never sent me away with any old rubbish this time.
Due to this i have been reading up on the net about running shoes and feet and am probably more aware of what i now need and why.
This time i think i will go for the Asics Nimbus 10 rather than the new version 11 just because of the price which are roughly between £60 & £70 pounds Roughly £35 to £40 cheaper than the new version.
Very important to have the right trainers but always check the shop assistant knows what they are talking about. A lesson learned.

Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:36 pm

just shows you tilly :( they'll be no stopping you once you get you gel nimbus then :D and them resits out the road :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat