The Jogscotland String

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: The Jogscotland String

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:07 am

Good route last Saturday Ali and what a glorious day too for our longest run ....we sure clocked up the miles in the 2 hr 10 mins :D This week run is a trial race pace of 10 miles ....so an 'easy ' week ahead girls , the hard work is over :D

Roll on Rock N Roll Half 3 weeks to go :)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi joggies, apologies with this late posting of instructions for Saturday. Ali, Kareen and I ran tonight. I managed to drop the car at the Southend War Memorial on the way back from our Forest Schools today, so we did 8 miles, a wee bit short of what we were supposed to do but an enjoyable run just the same.
As you know I'm jogleader for Saturday but will be 4 hours into the Paris Trip as you head out to run.
I had planned for the 10 miles to head to Southend and finish off with tea and scones/bacon rolls or toffee meringues at Muneroy but that means you having to organise transport back. If this proves to difficult, if you run the Southend Road to Pennygown House and back to and from the usual starting point, it will be bang on 10 miles.
I look forward to hearing about the run and also all the plans for the rock n roll half from your meeting tomorrow. I feel like I haven't seen some of you for ages but it has been an extremely busy March!! :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Wee Norz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Oh no I was looking forward to running to Southend for scones/bacon rolls or both but i wont be there this saturday :(

Enjoy your trip Ags
Wee Norz
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby fiona28 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:05 am

I like the sound of this one :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Norz, I'm sure we can have a "post run" 10 miles to Muneroy just for you! I would like to do it again too. The coffee and bacon rolls from Frances were just what was required after 10 miles!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Button4 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Bacon Roll sounds gr8. I've no seen ye in ages Agnes, catch up in 2wks time OMG :D
Button4
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:58 pm

Wee Norz wrote:Oh no I was looking forward to running to Southend for scones/bacon rolls or both but i wont be there this saturday :(

Enjoy your trip Ags

So was I .....I will be there but sadly I have to be back sharp tomorrow so looks like it's to Pennygown and back for me with no incentive at the end :(

Have fun in Paris Ags , climbing up the Steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower will be good cross training for you :wink: l
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Carmen » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:47 pm

Nice run this morning. Quite warm on the way back.

As we never did the run to Southend then we will do it next Saturday but leave for Stewarton and head down and stop at Francis for something to eat. Good way to end the block as we have all worked hard.

Looking forward to it. Hope everyone can manage.
Carmen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:50 pm

Slight change of plan this morning to our route due to time factor for most of us ,instead we headed to Machrihainsh and back to town which gave us our 10 miles and what a glorious morning it was too .

For those who were unable to make it today you will not lose out as we have decided to do our final run to Southend next Saturday and enjoy coffee , bacon rolls and warm scones at Muneroy . Meeting at 8am :D Only 8 miles ....yippee

2 weeks to go girls .... :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Oops carman , we must have been posting at the same time as I have just read your post . Sorry for the duplication.

glad you enjoyed your run , you done great !!!
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Enjoyed my run this morning, 10 miles done and dusted, what a difference a day of rest makes :D Girls all done good, looking forward to our 8 miler next week and the lovely end to the training at Muneroy :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Carmen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi Girls,
The Scarecrow Run lol
Noreen has kindly offered to leave her car at Muneroy on Saturday morning at 7.45am and I will go down and collect her and meet everyone at Stewarton at the back of 8. Is anyone else able to leave a car down either Friday night or Saturday morning and I can run them back into the town.

Thanks
Carmen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Button4 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Berta is playing golf Saturday morning so he coud leave the car at the tearoom so i can pick it up when we finish the run all i need to do is take my spare key, he can arrange a way to get back into town because they'll be a few people down cause its the AM AM. Just let me know :)
Button4
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby fiona28 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Sound like a plan Button :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Carmen » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks Button4. That's us all sorted so see you all at the Aqualibrium for 8am and head out to Stewarton with the cars. Hope it is a bit warmer by then but as long as it is dry.

See you at the Aqualibrium.
Carmen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat