The Jogscotland String

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: The Jogscotland String

Postby Button4 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Orite, see u on Sat then :)
Button4
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Wee Norz » Fri May 04, 2012 12:04 am

I will come on Saturday and see how much i can do after having a month off. See you at 8am :shock:
Wee Norz
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Pans Lass » Fri May 04, 2012 9:10 pm

I am gutted i wont manage tomorrows run but as you all know i have to rest til next week so better do as i am told . And I will be back as strong as ever pain free :) :) No more moaning from me girls you will all be happy to hear :oops:

Have a good one !!
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Sorry I never made it either - will go out tomorrow myself n get a few miles in.
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon May 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Good Luck to all our Jog members on Sunday especially to those who will be completing their first 10k . Remember to make it your own and enjoy the atmosphere. Keep some energy for the post race ceilidh :D

From all your Jog Leaders
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:02 am

Thanks to all who came along for the presentation of the proceeds of our Sports Relief Event to the CDJFA. Didn't it look amazing to see all those wee ones out there having fun in sport - so many of them too - football in the town must be safe with all those wee potentials :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Button4 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Good luck to everyone running on Sunday :)
Button4
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:20 pm

Jog Scotland new block starts back on Monday 3rd September . Meeting upstairs in Aqualibrium at 6.45 pm . All levels welcome from complete beginners to intermediates . £10 per block with all monies donated to local charities.

If you think you 'cant run the length of yourself' why not challenge yourself to our beginners class and let our Jog Leaders lead you from couch to jogging /running 3 miles in 10 weeks .

Jog Scotland leaders are here to support you every step of the way.

Each week we walk/jog/run different routes in the area as well as introducing a variety of training sessions/techniques for example speed and hill work.We also encourage each other to take part in a variety of different events from the 5K challenges, 10K, Half Marathons and Marathons.

The only other requirements of becoming a member of the group is that you must be a member of jogscotlandwhich is completely free and forms can be obtained when you attend your first session.

The jogscotland programme was established in 2002 by scottishathletics, the governing body of athletics in Scotland. jogscotland uses simple, gentle walk/jog/run programmes to encourage everyone to get out and become more active!

So if you need some motivation to exercise more?
Looking for a new hobby or a place to meet new people?

Then come along to Jog Scotland on a Monday night at 6.45pm
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:55 am

Good start to our 'new block ' Saturday morning sessions Fiona28 .

Looking forward to what lies ahead :wink:

For those not there this morning please bring gloves for next weeks session :?
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Yeah good start this morning, good morning for it. Well done to all for the effort put in :D See you all next week, remember the gloves :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:36 pm

I think I might come out on Saturday mornings as I can't make Monday nights due to other commitments.

8am at Aqua? What sort of mileage are you doing! :?
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:22 pm

that would be great isla, could you do a 3mile tempo and bring me the time you got :D we are going to be working as a 10k improvers group, the training will be varied distances - nothing you wont be able to cope with, see you this saturday. Remember to bring a pair of gloves :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi folks sorry for the short notice but we have cancelled tonight due to the horrible weather. See you next week as normal!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Jog Scotland new block starts back on Monday 14th January for ten weeks . Meeting upstairs in Aqualibrium at 6.45 pm . All levels welcome from complete beginners to intermediates . £10 per block with all monies donated to local charities.

If you think you 'cant run the length of yourself' why not challenge yourself to our beginners class and let our Jog Leaders lead you from couch to jogging /running 3 miles in 10 weeks .

Jog Scotland leaders are here to support you every step of the way.

Each week we walk/jog/run different routes in the area as well as introducing a variety of training sessions/techniques for example speed and hill work.We also encourage each other to take part in a variety of different events from the 5K challenges, 10K, Half Marathons and Marathons.

The only other requirements of becoming a member of the group is that you must be a member of jogscotlandwhich is completely free and forms can be obtained when you attend your first session.

The jogscotland programme was established in 2002 by scottishathletics, the governing body of athletics in Scotland. jogscotland uses simple, gentle walk/jog/run programmes to encourage everyone to get out and become more active!

So if you need some motivation to exercise and lose those extra pounds

Then come along to Jog Scotland on a Monday night at 6.45pm

We also meet on a Saturday morning at 7.45 am for those wishing to up their mileage past a 10k . This will incorporate on and off road training over the next few months .
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi folks, we have cancelled JogScotland for tonight. The conditions are awful and we don't want to put anyone at risk. See you all next week.
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat