How is the training going

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: How is the training going

Postby elainemck » Thu May 20, 2010 11:08 pm

fiona28 wrote:did the half route last night with stan and andy, nearly killed me but thats my last long run in the bag as off to Milan to see the Black Eyed Peas - stans going to the after party with Fergie n Cheryl :lol: - in his dreams :lol:

wee ache in my right foot but just not going to think about it - and this time im not packing the trainers - a lovely rest looms - cant wait :D

keep up the good running folks, 4th looks like you could be the man to run that chunk in the round britain relay for me. It kicks of on sunday from Blackpool tower. :D

I seemed to have missed this post completely fiona - I didn't realise you were away, I thought there must've been a good reason for you and stan to miss the first handicap race and BEPs in Milan certainly is a good one!! I bet that was amazing?! No temptation for a wee run round Milan?

Sounds like good running from you Rab, sounds like you are on course to beat your goa.

Yes you are right DJD about a strategy for the day... but I never make one really, not sure how to! my strategy is just to keep going even when my head says stop! :o although sometimes I think you've just got to leave it to the 'mood' of the day and go for it. I've been letting my training slip just a little as not hoping for a pb at mok just looking to enjoy it so hoping for some nice weather and some smiling faces as usual as I go round the course to keep me going. I can't believe it's next week :<> :<>
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu May 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Good running Rab, saw you today right enough, just could'nt work out why you were walking into town, now I understand, it was a little breezy.
At least your getting some miles in, I have not managed a single mile since the series run in Lussa, what a let down.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri May 21, 2010 12:15 am

Aye right Ninja. I was walking after completing the 10 miles, at Iain Reid's hoose. :roll: and honest, there was a wind, not wind-up 8)

I had been asked, last week, to referee a game of football tonight, and agreed. Put the Garmin on, just to see how many miles I would cover. It turned out to be 6.28!!! Fast, slow, left, right, up, doon, stand, sprint. A total of 16.28 miles today!!!

Got a new pair of shiny running shoes coming tomorrow. I'm in a quandary about whether to wear them for the MOK. My old ones are through the 300 mile mark and I think that the cushioning is going on them, but they are comfy. I even wore them on the football park tonight. But the new ones are shiny and new . Think I might even cut my toe-nails next Sunday morning. :<> to help them fit :D :D
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby weetoonplodder » Fri May 21, 2010 1:50 am

Hi Rab

swap the insoles over on the old trainers and the new ones, that will give you a better run in them and reduce the chance of blisters and ur feet over heating in the new trainers. A half marathon in a new pair of trainers without at least 4 runs in them and a weeks walking in them is a bit much to ask i think, especially if its a hot day.

Just remember to stock up on baking soda and a saftey pin, as you might just need them

weetoonplodder
weetoonplodder
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri May 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Dont worry too much about missing a few days training Ninja....but dont ry and catch up, you canna cram for a half marathon......just a few light to medium runs this week and early next then nothing on the Friday or Saturday.

RabMcD I dont think I would risk changing trainers this late...maybe if you get a few runs in them but unless the old ones are giving you problems I think I would stick with them......but a runner knows when the foot falls are hard, flat and unsuported...so, you'll know yersel' :roll: :)

Definitely dont cut your toenails on Sunday morning though...noooooo!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby speedygobackwards » Sat May 22, 2010 10:16 am

Help :<> The Courier hasn't printed the final week's training schedule! How will I know what to run for the last week of preparation for the 10K?
Oh dear, I'll never be able to run now! :<>
speedygobackwards
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat May 22, 2010 11:42 am

speedygobackwards wrote:Help :<> The Courier hasn't printed the final week's training schedule! How will I know what to run for the last week of preparation for the 10K?
Oh dear, I'll never be able to run now! :<>

Look at the bottom of the 10k page on the MOKRUN website and you will find it there - no excuse now. :wink:

http://www.mokrun.com/10k/index.htm
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat May 22, 2010 3:33 pm

I suspect Ship Called Dignity has just been WHOOOOOSHED ! :D

But, maybe he knows that which means it is ME that has been well WHOOOOSHED :lol:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat May 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Aaah 2 weeks run free, do I feel the better off it defo not, but at least my house is all finish inside ready for my MOK guests.
Tomorrow I start the 1st of 5 days running everyday, any suggestion 4th gen? as too milage or times to run?
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat May 22, 2010 10:02 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:Dont worry too much about missing a few days training Ninja....but dont try and catch up, you canna cram for a half marathon......just a few light to medium runs this week and early next then nothing on the Friday or Saturday.

Definitely dont cut your toenails on Sunday morning though...noooooo!

See above from yesterday Ninja........your fitness is still there, just light and sharp stuff. No big milages or killer sessions or your legs will still be tired, to some degree, at 10.30 next Sunday morning.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat May 22, 2010 10:03 pm

och, you could maybe risk an easy 11 miler tomorrow!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat May 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Was thinking of the moss road loop, 8.2 miles flat, cadbury's caramel pace will do.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:56 pm

lol :D had forgotten about that advert :lol: mind n take it easy tomorro then ninja :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby speedygobackwards » Sat May 22, 2010 11:13 pm

thanks for telling me where to find the training, damn now il have to run, oh well il think of a new excuse :lol:
speedygobackwards
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun May 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Cant believe my bad luck. Today I planned an 8 miler round the moss road and back home. It was clear from the off that I had a serious left knee problem, and with every stride I made I had a clicking feeling which seemed to move to the lower part of my knee cap as my foot hit the ground.
Stupidly I pushed on for 2+ miles before I had to stop and feel or look for something that had gone wrong.
On closer inspection of my knee, and to my horror when I studied it, the problem was very clear to see.
I had been working on my roof earlier in the morning and had forgotten to take of my knee pads. Well F... me :lol: have you ever tried running with padded knee pads on, nightmare.

On a more serious note though, I did go round the moss at a very easy 10+ min pace and felt good until 7 miles and by that time the heat had drained me. I hope its raining for next weeks race.

Ps my wee story about the knee pad was just to give this thread a little bit of fun, because a smiling runner is a happy one. I hope you all have a good run next week, and as I will probably be one of the last ones to finish, can I just say this to you all. DONT EAT ALL THE DANISH PASTRIES. :evil:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat