How is the training going

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: How is the training going

Postby fiona28 » Sat May 08, 2010 6:40 am

did the half route last night with stan and andy, nearly killed me but thats my last long run in the bag as off to Milan to see the Black Eyed Peas - stans going to the after party with Fergie n Cheryl :lol: - in his dreams :lol:

wee ache in my right foot but just not going to think about it - and this time im not packing the trainers - a lovely rest looms - cant wait :D

keep up the good running folks, 4th looks like you could be the man to run that chunk in the round britain relay for me. It kicks of on sunday from Blackpool tower. :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat May 08, 2010 12:36 pm

fiona28 wrote:did the half route last night with stan and andy, nearly killed me but thats my last long run in the bag as off to Milan to see the Black Eyed Peas - stans going to the after party with Fergie n Cheryl :lol: - in his dreams :lol:

. :D

Missed you this morning Fiona28 but you guys looked strong when i passed you on the road last night . Just on to say have a fab time at the Black Eyed Peas in Milan . WOW! And quite right to leave the trainers behind , you deserve the rest after all your hard training . :D

Have a great time !
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sat May 08, 2010 6:48 pm

11 miles of the MOK route this morning. Felt OK. :o
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat May 08, 2010 10:27 pm

14 miles for me today, legs feel ok, but my wee toe went under my next toe again, so its pretty swollen and blistered. I felt it at about 8 miles but just pushed on, maybe not the best idea but hey, its done noo.
No more big run's till MOK, that will do for me.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun May 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Good going Ninja...time for taperin' noo. And nae big reunion nights before the race this year! :lol:

I'm away for a blast round the hill....nothing to train for just now except the next 5k...gotta keep going for that....should head for Dunaverty and Carskiey beach. We ALL should.

We can arrange a day or night to do just that.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun May 16, 2010 6:10 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:I'm away for a blast round the hill....nothing to train for just now except the next 5k...gotta keep going for that....should head for Dunaverty and Carskiey beach. We ALL should.

We can arrange a day or night to do just that.

Sounds good 4th gen ...maybe we can head down your way Saturday 22nd (taper week before the MOK) if you free to take us oot and aboot your neck of the woods. We wont be doing to long a run so leave to you to make up the route ....gentle now its taper week . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun May 16, 2010 6:52 pm

is that not the day we are selling raffle tickets?
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon May 17, 2010 4:54 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:is that not the day we are selling raffle tickets?

oops it is 4th gen . :oops:

Will need to abandon that idea (not raffle ) :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Mon May 17, 2010 6:54 pm

12 miles on the Peninver Road yesterday. Up to (nearly) Ballochgair and back. I am hoping that it is the equivalent of a flat half-marathon, cos it was quite hard. Got what I hope to be my half marathon time into the old legs, but haven't allowed for that adrenaline rush on the day, and trying to chase/keep up with the folk in front. Still wrestling about whether I should fit in a 13 miler between now and Sunday, but will probably settle for a 10 on Sunday, at some point.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue May 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Had a nice wee run tonight which is the 2nd in a matter of a week,so if things are fine by Thursday,then with luck l might be back running easy.We'll see.

Certainly would not touch a 10 miler a week befor a 1/2 marathon Rab,but you know what you are capable of running with sense in the strategy and have the pedigree in the years of running.Nice to know your up for it this year,more than in recent times.

Wish l could join you all,but l shall be there cheering you all in.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bernhard » Wed May 19, 2010 12:27 am

Dear Wee Toon Runners

There's only few more days to go until the MOK run.
I wish you all a great race! Please don't forget to take a look around every now and then during the race, enjoy the beautiful landscape and consciously take a deep breath of the fresh sea air! These strong and good memories will stay with you for a long time!

Best Regards

Bernhard
Runners just do it - they run for the finish line even if someone else has reached it first.
bernhard
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Kevin Mc » Wed May 19, 2010 8:19 am

I must try to start running again. Tried about a year ago :oops: and about died. Found out from that that I had mild asthma. I've got inhalers now to help with breathing so no excuse. My eldest (13) is pestering me to go for a run with him, so I really should go.
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Thu May 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Did that 10 miler this afternoon DJD! Out to Machrihanish and back. Wanted to try a fast 5 miles out (35 mins, but was just under 39 mins on way back). Bit hot and wind in face on way back in, but I think I will temper the first half of the MOKRun back a wee bit from sevens per mile to maybe 7.15s in the hope that I can maintain that pace round the whole course and try for something around the 1 hour 35 mark.

Kevin Mc don't let asthma stop you. I was hospitalised when I was 25 with a severe asthma attack. Had never had it before, it just hit me like a sledge hammer. I'm on a high dose of inhalers, but if you are diligent and take your medicine when you are meant to, it shouldn't affect your running. i sometimes have a poor spell depending on weather, but the doc usually sorts me out. Buy yourself a new pair of running shoes and hit the road!
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu May 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Good one Rab,l think you have it about right as l have you down for a 1:34 on the way you are running now,but that would be on a slightly faster course than the Mok so with race circumstances it could be close on either plus or minus side of the time,hopefully on the minus side of 1:35 you have your self down for.

I think a few runners that are looking in should take a slice of your advice and have a plan in the back of their mind and get the best out of themselves and not leave it as a hope, its far better to have a strategy and not waste all the training they have done.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu May 20, 2010 9:42 pm

DJD wrote:I think a few runners that are looking in should take a slice of your advice and have a plan in the back of their mind and get the best out of themselves and not leave it as a hope, its far better to have a strategy and not waste all the training they have done.

Exactly why we need a running club DJD. 8) Some of us have left it to hope and suddenly realising that it is too late!!

Good times Rab. Noo keep the sensible head next week. :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat