How is the training going

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: How is the training going

Postby fiona28 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:20 am

managed 4 miles on thursday and a cheeky 7 miler with moi on the 2nd but the legs really hurt after the 7 miles :lol: since the marathon have only done 2 x 2mile runs and many many hours of zumba - still feeling up for it just need to start doing some running :lol:

any of you runners try the zumba, great cardio workout 8)
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:37 am

My half marathon schedule was meant to kick in last week but was in Glasgow for a few days so only managed our Tuesday training on Wednesday and Thursday's training on Friday (not good doing intervals on your own :oops: :oops: ) but managed the 12 mile LSR yesterday with the others which was great.

It's hard Fiona coming back after some well earned time off running but I'm sure you will bounce back quickly. Do you need co-ordination for Zumba???
Last edited by Katfer on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:49 am

Katfer wrote:It's hard Fiona coming back after some well earned time off running but I'm sure you will bounce back quickly. Do you need co-ordination for Zumba???

Co-ordination for sure Katfer.....my legs were going one way and my arms the other all out of sync :lol: :lol: Its a good work out and alot of fun too once you master the moves ....I still trying :oops: :oops:

Have not done much in way off running last 2 weeks but back to serious training this week .Looking forward to it . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:58 pm

I was out late this afternoon for my first run since 16th October :<>
... waited till the adrenaline and endorphins wore off otherwise I would have been posting OTT excitable babble! :lol:
Did my usual 5.6 mile route round the hill, no stops and only 6 seconds slower than my first run last year. I think we can regard that as a natural margin of error! and not 6 seconds age deterioration...but, I would rather have been 6 seconds faster :roll:

Feels great though, absolutely great :D
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:49 pm

well done katfer, didnt know you were doing a half, which one you doing?

only the ability to laugh at yourself when you get it wrong required for zumba, once you master the steps as pans says a bloody good workout, i am dripping at the end of every session!! - so ladylike!! 8) but I always say you only get out what you put in to a session 8)

the zumba motto is no-one can make a mistake we only see "unexpected solo's" - tuesday night sold out already tho, you have to be kwik with your booking :lol:
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:44 pm

fiona28 wrote:well done katfer, didnt know you were doing a half, which one you doing?

Fiona, I've entered the Balloch to Clydebank half, think it's 13th march.

Thanks for info on Zumba, will maybe be brave and try it.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:08 pm

All the talk of Balloch/Clydebank Half on facebook and Kintyre Forum made me glad I went out this afternoon on my regular 8.3 mile route.
After being thwarted by heavy rain on Friday and Saturday night It felt great on a calm, dry and mild-ish! Sunday afternoon.

The time was better than on the same route at this time last year so that can't be bad at my age! ( "my age"....jeeezo, I hate even thinking that expression)!

Not training for anything in particular at the moment, just keeping it going for some kind of race in the Autumn...and if I can find one after 10th October it will be as a super vet :shock: :? ..... :(
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:01 pm

You are right 4th Gen,you are not bad for your age,when it comes in Oct welcome to the super vets,must be a few now around Campbeltown or getting there. (lol)

After tonight clubs training as a recovery run, my half marathon training for the Mok starts.(missed out on getting anything decent for VLM).

Just hoping to have a good bash at the Mok this year along with a good few others,(wind weather permitting).
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 pm

DJD and 4th Gen-----the great thing is that you love doing it. :)

Just remember-----we are all getting old at the same rate, but some have a head start and know how to handle it. Never doubt it.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat