How is the training going

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: How is the training going

Postby DJD » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:22 pm

Sunday we are up for approx 12 miler and hope to run from Ballochgair to Campbeltown,all being well with the weather and the transport.Looking forward to this one as l have never run this full route,only parts of it on other run's.

7:30 am at the Aqualibrium.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Here is Tuesday/Thursday as promised

Tuesday W/up 4 x 800m x 400 rec W/dn (approx 7 miles total) normal route.

Thursday W/up 4 x the loop W/dn (approx 6 miles total) Kilkeran rd area.

Hope this helps if you are a bit late on the night
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:12 pm

Managed to finally pull on the trainers this morning and did a 4 mile run. Wasn't easy but I made it back home eventually. Not a good idea to take 5 months off. :oops: :oops: :oops: Hoping to run a few times over the next week and go back to Tuesday night training second week in January.

If anyone fancies a wee run, NOT FAST PACE, let me know, I would be glad of the company.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:54 pm

think joc n myself will be goin out saturday morn at 9 from community centre, i will defo not be fast as like you katfer i have done very little running over the last 5 months - 5 mins on the treadmill killed me yesterday :oops: :oops:

if there is no ice or snow will be there :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:18 pm

Know the feeling girls , cant wait to get back to the serious training but i will have to build slowly and i mean slowly .....starting after our meeting on the 3rd . :D Will have to go out on my own for awhile as dont want to keep anyone back , once I feel I am ready i will join you all. :)

...only five months to the MOK !! :shock:

Happy New Year to you ALL :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:52 am

really dont think you will be keeping anyone back with the state i was in pans lass :oops: know what you mean about not wanting to keep anyone back but as it's an unofficial session we can all go at our own pace and those of us who are slower can just not go as far :lol: :lol:

dont worry pans lass we'll soon be back up there with the rest of them :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:44 pm

Already started my new years training schedule for the Kintyre way and MOK Half, managed a nice 11+ miles tonight on treadmill, still to slippy to venture out on roads.

What a difference its already making having my own gym in my garage, thanks to everyone who has/is giving me items too build it up, everything is greatly appreciated, even the skipping rope DB :D , Could do with a punch bag if anyone has one, or for that matter anything that anyone wants rid off if its taking up space in your shed or coalcellar, you can also have it back at any time.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Nice one Ninja,l managed a mear 4 miles that l was down for on the training schedule,was due to do 5 tonight,but l am going to push that over to Friday night,due to feeling a wee twinge in the old knee.

Good to hear people have not been put off by the weather and are still managing to get out a bit.Then it will be the wind and rain we have to battle through.

We have managed to put a team together for the KWR,l would like a reserve if anyone is interested,you will run a leg even if we have to double up on one,the reason being if someone pulls out at the last minute we can use you in the team,infact l don't even mind being the reserve if someone wants a bash at it.

Keep up the good running and see you on the road.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pete Reek » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:01 am

Ninja Mania wrote:Already started my new years training schedule for the Kintyre way and MOK Half, managed a nice 11+ miles tonight on treadmill, still to slippy to venture out on roads.

What a difference its already making having my own gym in my garage, thanks to everyone who has/is giving me items too build it up, everything is greatly appreciated, even the skipping rope DB :D , Could do with a punch bag if anyone has one, or for that matter anything that anyone wants rid off if its taking up space in your shed or coalcellar, you can also have it back at any time.

Have PM'd you Ninj.

Pete Reek.

PS. Been so long since I was on here I've had a problem figuring everything out.
Some days I jeest donno hoots hoot an hoots naw hoot.
Pete Reek
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Location: Ur we therr yet mammy? Naw we'll be therr in a wee while or two.

Postby jackiefulton » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:55 am

re the punch bag - to add to your new gym

remember that there is a for sale /wanted items on the forum - and you could always join the "freecycle kintyre" - as in re-use not cycling!!

mind you most folk will be gathering items for their new year resolutions not discarding - but you never know
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:26 pm

This thread has slipped down the order a bit so time for a "bump" to the top. That's Christmas and New year out of the way. Started back on Saturday, with 8.4 miles, 5.4 last night and 6.2 tonight to make the round 20 miles. I must admit to feeling it really tough tonight---don't know if it was the weather, tiredness or the fact that I went out only half an hour after my dinner.

Anyway, the long run to the MOK has begun
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Just back from my 3rd run of 2010 my 15th as a runner....just my regular 5.6 miler round the hill for now. Times pretty much the same as last year and every year, so no age deterioration yet :D

Brand new size 10 Adidas Super Nova trainers, same as my last 6 pairs! brand new dark blue Ron Hill long sleeved T shirt....and I am all set.
Johnny's on the road again.....and feeling mighty fine :)
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Good for you 4th Gen, now maybe we can get some run's organised for the 4x4's, keep me posted.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:05 am

you'll need to give me a few weeks to catch up to you fella's level of fitness!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:50 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pmsl 4th Gen, thats even better than all those Cellic joke's that are going around.
Catch up on our fitness level's, my erse
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat