How is the training going

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: How is the training going

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Mon May 24, 2010 4:58 am

jeezo Peter, you had me worried there for a minute! :roll:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Mon May 24, 2010 7:34 am

Good wan Peter--had us going there. had a similar episode years ago at Westport, when I was struggling up and doon the sand-dunes. That was due to the tyre, full of sand that I had attached to me--true story. The old pre-season stuff was hard!!

Just some light stuff this week, maybe a couple of easy 6 milers to get ready for the big wan. Good luck to everyone--I hope you get what you wish for-you all deserve it.

DJD, I hope the knee's still holding up.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Mon May 24, 2010 10:41 am

Its always good to read your funny threads Ninja, you have come a long way since your 1st statement on this thread,(It's making me tired just reading it this thread) as you put it,and also the other one that you wrote when you first had a go a 5 miles,and here is you now knocking out the miles.

Rabmacd,Thanks, my knee is holding up but l won't test it untill end of June.l am going to buld up till then starting the 1st June and hoping to salvage something out of the year in Oct, but really looking to do something next Spring as maybe as a Club running group Marathon or something.

Hope everyone has a good run Sunday,especially Pans Lass its all in the mind,you will be fine,there is always another time to conquer races.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:58 pm

If anyone fancies a wee run tonight, Jen21 and I are meeting at my house at 5.30pm to do a gentle run round Benguillon and back to my house. Please feel free to join us...but might to most of it on my knees. :oops: :oops:
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Katfer wrote:If anyone fancies a wee run tonight, Jen21 and I are meeting at my house at 5.30pm to do a gentle run round Benguillon and back to my house. Please feel free to join us...but might to most of it on my knees. :oops: :oops:

I think most of us are still on a high from Sunday as a few of us have arranged to meet at 5.15pm to do 3 miles speed work just to keep the legs going but a gentle run round Bengullion sounds better so if we decide we can head up your way for 5.30pm . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Katfer wrote:If anyone fancies a wee run tonight, Jen21 and I are meeting at my house at 5.30pm to do a gentle run round Benguillon and back to my house. Please feel free to join us...but might to most of it on my knees. :oops: :oops:

Oh well no rest for the wicked ....

Didnt mind the gentle run round Bengullion tonight girls as it was a lovley night but it was the Tomaig incline before we reached there that nearly killed me , my poor wee legs were shaking when i got to the top that I thought I might not make it .I think they were still tired from all the dancing at the ceilidh and the 13 miles they done before that . :oops:
It felt good altho to get out and expel the adrenaline that was still in the body from Sunday . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Tough session for us girls tonight as we headed out to the dreaded Water house brae to do some hill work . The first attempt always seems harder than the second attempt but by the 4th your done it ,the legs are knackered . :oops: Good work girls .

Moi how do you do it !! :mrgreen:

Speed training Thursday 8)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:11 am

I've been training hard for the Paisley 10k on Sunday but last night I got a real battering from a cow I was trying to help calve. :(

She went berserk and jammed me in a corner pushing and crushing me against the wall with her head :? I did manage to climb up on the wall head out her way and eventually escaped ........seemed there was little damage but after the adrennaline, excitement and endorphins of the incident wore off it became clear I had a staved finger on right hand, some kind of problem with my left elbow, pain in left ribs (but not too bad) but worse of all my right knee is twisted, swollen and is giving great pain. It is still 100 hours to the race and I am confident things will have improved by then and I should be able to run, hopefully at a decent pace.

Good news is the cow gave birth to a lovely Simmental bull calf :D
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:25 am

Happy ending for one,hope it will be a happy for you too by being fit for Paisley and having a good run and that goes to all that are heading that way and running the 10k.

Life never sounds dull with you 4th Gen leading up to a race,would'nt say you have the luck of the Irish.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:08 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:I've been training hard for the Paisley 10k on Sunday but last night I got a real battering from a cow I was trying to help calve. :(

She went berserk and jammed me in a corner pushing and crushing me against the wall with her head :? I did manage to climb up on the wall head out her way and eventually escaped ........seemed there was little damage but after the adrennaline, excitement and endorphins of the incident wore off it became clear I had a staved finger on right hand, some kind of problem with my left elbow, pain in left ribs (but not too bad) but worse of all my right knee is twisted, swollen and is giving great pain. It is still 100 hours to the race and I am confident things will have improved by then and I should be able to run, hopefully at a decent pace.

Good news is the cow gave birth to a lovely Simmental bull calf :D

On no ...poor you 4th gen ,never a dull moment down at Polliwilline , especially every time you train hard for a race. :( Hope the knee improves before race day :( Oh and I hope mother and baby are doing well . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:31 pm

I think it is just that any knocks and bangs dont matter other than before a race. They can be ignored.

Although, somehow recently there has been something before every running event I am entered in. But I was runing hard tonight and it seems OK.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:02 am

I,ve heard of a couple of ways to work out leading up to a race, but fighting your way out of a corner against a coo ain't one of them 4th Gen. Were you trying to MOOOOOOOOve it up a notch.............I'll get my coat

Glad that all seems OK. Hector, Nigel and me will be taking part in a marathon in Brighton on Sunday--------roon' all the pubs :lol: Not looking forward to Tuesday. Give me a boot up the @rse on the way by.....

Have a good run on Sunday.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:19 pm

Rabmacd wrote:I,ve heard of a couple of ways to work out leading up to a race, but fighting your way out of a corner against a coo ain't one of them 4th Gen. Were you trying to MOOOOOOOOve it up a notch.............I'll get my coat

You got a great way with words Rabmacd ...... :lol: :lol:

I nearly had a similar encounter with a coo during my hill training session with Moi tonight .....thought I was going to have to jump over the fence but Moi came to my rescue just at the right time . :oops: With the adrenaline pumping hard I just flew up the hill after that . :) Apart from that it was a good 5 mile training session of hills thanks to fiona 28 . :wink:

Good luck on Sunday 4th gen .
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Jeez Oh Pans Lass,

if it wasn't hard enough just running up a hill, you've introduced hurdling into it. Steeplechasing uphill will surely improve your times :lol: Though it is much easier running away from a coo than a horse---they can jump as well as run.

Now the thing about doing hill sessions is to avoid actually doing it in a field. Best to find a tarmac road where there are a few robust fences to keep the beasts in. Doing it 4th Gens way, where he has anudder idea, and actually challenges the beast in the ring :<> can lead to very serious consequences, but I do think that he's just milking it now.

Hope you all have a good run on Sunday, one and all.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:28 pm

good stuff above :)

Just back from Sunday LSR. The two Southend hills in a figure of 8 with a 1.5 extra on Carskiey beach ...up through the village and home..13.5, 1h 48m...faantastic. Feels great.`Furthest I have ran since the KWR in early May.

Also, love the smell of the Sunday afternoon coal, peat and wood fires, the first of the Autumn. I LOVE autumn running :D
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat