Primary schools

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Primary schools

Postby DJD » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:01 pm

just for you information

This is on the Scottish Athletics web site, and surly if it is brought to the schools attention, then maybe they would enter kids from this area. Euan Charlewood would do well at this event and a good few others as well. All schools need to do is enter them and the rest is up to the parents. More details on the link below.

Now that most schools are doing their bit in the morning, by having the kids run a mile, then now is the chance to do a follow up and see how they are doing in the competitive world at running (with a bit of added fun), which is the same as it would be in the educated world which it is all part of life.

*The Scottish Schools Athletics Association organise the Scottish Primary School Cross Country event in April.

This is for primary 6 and 7 pupils and takes place in Kirkcaldy on Saturday 23 April.

Entry is via the SSAA website by primary schools and the closing date is Friday 1 April so parents or youngsters who are keen to be involved should be sure to speak to a teacher or school staff in order for an entry to be processed in time.

http://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/sco ... ll-201516/
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Primary schools

Postby DJD » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:31 pm

All being well, next year 2017. I will have my children entered in this, on agreement with the Headmistress of Glenbarr school.( as the school needs to register them) This will be done, once the date and information is put up on the SSAA advertising the event. The event is held at Kirkcaldy High School. The entry is massive for both classes of P6/P7 boys/girls.

The reason I am putting this up early is to make everyone aware that CJRC are very capable of doing well in this event, although they would run under their School Flag. On saying this, If enough of the junior club members of that age and are in P6/P7 are interested, and get their school to register them, (closer to the time). We could make this our first away meet at xcountry and a it would be a good measure on how we are doing as a club.

Please let me know if you and your child would be interested at any club session and if we have enough interest then I will look further into this and try and make it viable for all to attend and enjoy ie make it a fun weekend for all.

Of course we will also run our xcountry sessions throughout the winter in preparation for this event in April 2017.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat