Slog in the Sand - 27th December 2011

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Slog in the Sand - 27th December 2011

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:12 am

Details of the second "Slog in the Sand" have just been announced and will be a good opportunity for you to get out and burn off that turkey breast, shandy bass and sherry! 8)

Slog in the Sand

The 10k race at Westport will take place on 27th December at 12 noon, registration from 11am in the Westport carpark - £3per person. Prizes to be won for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for Male/Female and refreshments for all.

Open to all and entries taken on the day only.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Slog in the Sand - 27th December 2011

Postby skernish longrow » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:06 pm

only two days to go
skernish longrow
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:02 pm

An impressive 56 people from Kintyre and Argyll turned out to take part in the second Slog in the Sand at Westport Beach on Tuesday 27th November 2011.

All the more impressive as contestants had to brave the wind and rain in the 10k race across the undulating stretch of beach with a high tide to compete with too.

Kenny Campbell was the first male home pipping last year's winner Gary Turner followed by Craig Metcalf in third.

The ladies winner was Donna Robertson who beat off competition from her twin sister Fiona who finished second and an impressive run by Rachel Edwards to secure third. The Robertson twins, who hail from Campbeltown, are of course no strangers to securing top spots having both won Commonwealth bronze medals at Judo in the past. 8)

The event was organised by Campbeltown Running Club who were delighted with the turn out with runners travelling from Lochgilphead to compete. Robert McDonald, chairperson of CRC, thanked everyone for attending before presenting club secretary Elaine Mceachy presented the trophies. Special thanks to the Coastguard for their help on the beact and Donald Campbell for his soup and anyone else who helped out on the day. :mrgreen:

Apologies for the poor quality of the photos below but it was bloody blowing a hooly!! :D

Last edited by Kintyre Forum News on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:33 pm

Well done everyone - especially the organisers. Was tough, especially with the weather conditions and the high tide. Some interesting choices of paths had to be made!! 8)

Happy with my time considering I wasn't going to go as loaded with the cold but beat the last 10k time I did at MOKRUN two years ago so despite a poor December for training the improvement is there! 8)

All the best for 2012!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Great photos. It was cold--it was windy--but the turnout was absolutely fantastic!
Thanks to everyone.

I'll say again, Mr P--great photos.
Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:55 pm

I have just noticed that Fiona Graham's time is incorrect. It should read 51mins and 39 secs, not 54 mins 39 secs.

If anyone else's times are wrong, please let us know. I will send a corrected time sheet for posting on here.

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:45 pm

Rabmacd wrote:I have just noticed that Fiona Graham's time is incorrect. It should read 51mins and 39 secs, not 54 mins 39 secs.

If anyone else's times are wrong, please let us know. I will send a corrected time sheet for posting on here.

Rab

Rab - corrected results posted. Thanks for highlighting this and the e-mail. 8)

Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat