Great Scottish Run

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Great Scottish Run

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:03 pm

All the best to each and every runner taking part in the Great Scottish Run 10K/Half Marathon, on Sunday.

You all know, in your own mind, what you can do.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Great Scottish Run

Postby Rabmacd » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Can we get a post going on the times and stories behind them?

I spoke to two very happy ladies, in Buchanan Galleries today, who PB'd.

Happy, sad, disappointed, delighted, devastated?

Let's hear the story.....

Come on.......
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Great Scottish Run

Postby elainemck » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:43 pm

Sorry Rab, just noticed this post! I think it's fair to say that most of us loved Sunday, at least the celebratory cocktails afterwards anyway :lol:

The GSR is definitely one of my favourite races, I love the route despite the hot weather, some of the cruel inclines I always forget about and the congestion is always bad but the atmosphere and cheering crowds always make up for it. I think I've done this one 5 times, the last 3 doing the half marathon and although this race wasn't my primary focus, really just doing it for fun I was pretty pleased with my time, not a PB but not too far off it either. I've strained my hamstring over the past few weeks and was planning on just plodding around the course but when I got to mile 6 (at a pretty slow 53 mins) I decided to pick up my pace as was feeling good, by the time I got to mile 12 I was at 1.41 so thought a sub 1.50 was out the question but I decided just to go all out for the last mile and just got it with a few seconds to spare so was really happy with that.

It was also fantastic to see so many CRC members out in force with the club colours on (22 I think?) and some cracking times and PBs (in particular wow Kenny and Tommy - well done!). Think there was even some photos in the papers. Will upload some photos and times onto http://www.campbeltownrunningclub.com soon.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat