Great North Run

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Great North Run

Postby numberplease » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:50 pm

Just for us who are only occasional, but appreciative, visitors to your lovely area, please name everyone in the pictures, pretty please?
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:25 pm

och ags, great race report, what happens in newcastle stays in newcastle - especially the room raids!!! hysterical, I shall laugh for years with the memories and never delete the texts!!!!!!!!!! :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:25 pm

Morning before race ...Frances . Kareen, Moira, Gail , Alison , Joan, Ags and Fiona
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:32 pm

At end of race presenting check to Get Kids Going Charity

Post race dinner

Post race breakfast

Day after race getting ready to head home ...looking proud with our t shirts and medals on .
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby tilly » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Great race report Ags and brill pics Pans. Fantastic weekend and a very humbling and enjoyable experience for us all. Puts so much into perspective. Yes would definitely do another one and hopefully with all my motle crew again, :lol: who gave me such fun and support throughout all our training and particularly on the race day itself. Smiled all the way.
Brilliant time. Now to arrange the next one, :lol:
Rocking Roll in April sounds good, plenty time for training.

Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Had a great time reading this thread - well done to all of you, I so admire you all. What a fantastic amount you raised! I watched every minute of it on TV to try and catch you Ags but there were too many blonde babes. I have to say I practically gret (greeted???)through the whole thing as the stories were so humbling and I'm sorry I didn't get there as I had planned, to watch you all. Fabulous pictures and it looked like you all had a brilliant time. Well, well done to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks girls and also GG and Numberplease for your lovely comments and emails and a huge thanks GG for the VERY generous sponsor! Also thanks for adding the pics Gail.
Will you look at the state of me in the breakfast photograph. I look absolutely shattered! It was nothing to do with the running or the fizzy bubbles at the apres run party! I blame sharing a room with Lady J. She had us in fits of hysteria both nights and on Monday morning when we could have been having a wee bit of a long lie it was like somebody pressed her "on" button at 7am and she was off again :lol: Great laughs and like you have all said memories to last a life time!! AND......I wasn't overtaken by a chocolate cake :lol: I was just looking back, it took me nearly 3 years to get back into my running after that trauma in Dublin!!
Rock n Roll Half Marathon then girls?? I'm up for it. Bags me and Gail share with Lady J again......the lack of sleep was worth it :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ags » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:21 pm

p.s if you haven't sponsored us yet, you still can at www.justgiving.co.uk/newcastle9
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby numberplease » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Brilliant pics girls, nice to put faces to names at last. As well as doing a wonderful thing, bit looks like a fantastic time was had by all. I haven`t sponsored you yet, because I mislaid my credit card, (shows how often I use it!), but it turned up when I was packing the other day, so I will be contributing.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat