KWR 2011

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

KWR 2011

Postby DJD » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Just moving this across from the MoK page.

This is the next real focus for the club , as we intend to have a good turn out of teams from everyone within the club who fancy's a wee pop at this one.

Just let Rab know on here, ( which a lot have),or on another note on a training night as we will soon be putting the bits and bobs together as a club entry.

It is a local run which important and should be supported and every year the support does get stronger and may it continue.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: KWR 2011

Postby DJD » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Scott,if you are looking in,l have PM you ref the race.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby KC » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Put me down for this as well please.
KC
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby DJD » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Just moving the current list as from the 07/03/2011

Rob McDonald
Charlie Dott
Elaine McGeachy
Stuart McGeachy
Gavin Brown
Katie Ferguson
Lorna MacCallum
Allan Reid
Jennifer Reid
Neil John MacPhail
Jennifer Martin
Scott MacBrayne
Hendrie Barbour
Tommy Morran
Hector McMurchy
Kenny Campbell
Donald Campbell

It is really looking great on the point of a good Club attendance,also a wee head ache on the teams (good). I am sure we can add to it as there are a few names which we know will make it worse (another +). We will cater for all, some way or another,so come on and have a pop at something great on your door step, KINTYRE.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:47 pm

Folks,

I'm keen to get this finalised. Any changes to DJDs list?????

I'll take a list on Thursday to try to move things along. Ideally i would like to get the teams sorted by the end of next week.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:35 am

CRC runners. We need you all to complete the entry form, for insurance purposes. Can all of those taking part please fill in the entry form.

Here is the link

http://www.kintyrewayrelay.co.uk/files/entry2011.pdf

Please state that you are entering as part of a pre-formed team

Cheers
Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Would it be possible for those taking part to have a wee meeting on Thursday night after the time trial? Us girls still need to finalise routes etc.

Ran the Clachan to Tayinloan stretch this morning with Douglas (I know, I can't believe it either :<> :<>, he ran the whole way!! ) and Red the dog. Found parts of quite hard going but on looking back, quite enjoyable. The beach section was the worst.

Finished off with lunch at Tayinloan cafe :wink:
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby elainemck » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Two new crc members then katie ;-b

Yes meeting would be good, I'll be there. Might do a kwr section this weekend as lsr.

Old clubhouse is booked for kwr evening like last year, all welcome including partners. Let me know if you can make it so I can confirm numbers.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu May 05, 2011 11:27 am

Change over point of section from 5 to 6 has been confirmed at Ifferdale farm between ifferdale lodge and ifferdale cottages.Rob will give me the maps tomorrow night and l will then get them to Rab along with the numbers for these section.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby madscotsbloke » Thu May 05, 2011 12:44 pm

Jealousy levels now reaching new highs :(

I am genuinely gutted to be injured :cry:

But, every cow has a silver earing as they say and the lack of physical ability now leaves me free to capture your every ache pain and joyous smile on camera for evermore :lol:

I will be attempting to be at the start at 6am and then on every stage of the relay, finishing with some group shots at the finish at Aqualibrium.

Rob, if you are looking in, can I get access to most stages with the car? I want to try and get a bit further into the legs as I reckon there will be plenty of Start and finish shots from other spectators.

Best of luck to all taking part, it is shaping up to be a great days running.

Most of all remember to enjoy yourselves (or at least look like you are when you pass me :lol: )

MSB

ps As with previous years/races behind the camera, I have my price and can be persuaded to airbrush/discard offending pictures :lol:
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Rabmacd » Thu May 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Good on you Gavin.

By car, you'll get the end of the first stage, along the Skipness to Claonaig Road, the first mile and a half of the second stage is on road, part of the third stage, between Ronachan and the Tayinloan fish farm is on the road, third stage Tayinloan to Carradale is up and over the hill--not sure how far you can get a car up that one, the Carradle to Saddell stretch has a wee bit on the road just before going into Torrisdale Castle grounds. The last stretch which funnily enough I will be doing :wink: has the whole stretch from Lussa to Campbeltown on road.

p.s i realise that you were asking Rob and not Rab but thought that I'd help.

Here's our teams

CRC Team 1

1 Tommy Morran
2 Stuart McGeachy
3 Hector McMurchy
4 Kenny Campbell
5 Scott MacBrayne
6 Charlie Dott

CRC Ladies team (CRC Happy Feet Chicks!) are:

1. Elaine McGeachy
2. Lisa Hardie/Emma Conley
3. Katie Ferguson
4. Joceylyn Richard
5. Jennifer Martin
6. Jennifer Reid

CRC Team 3

1 Ralph Hill/Johnny Girvan
2 Kevin Scally
3 Allan Reid
4 Hendrie Barbour
5 Neil John MacPhail
6 David Adams/Robert McDonald
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby madscotsbloke » Fri May 06, 2011 9:11 am

Thanks Rab,

I will try to get as far up the stages as I can by car/foot just to give a true perspective on how big a challenge all of the legs are.

Looking forward to it even though not running :D (or perhaps BECAUSE I'm not running :lol: )

MSB
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Rabmacd » Fri May 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Numbers have been passed out.

Tommy, Elaine, Ralph and Johnny--------Elaine will give you the numbers in the morning. Johnny/Ralph you each have a number. If one of you gets injured, the other should immediately put on a sprint and just deny that you heard/saw/witnessed anything and carry on on your Merry Way. A wee competition between the two of you may see you surprising each other.

Stuart, Kevin, Emma/Lisa------ Stuart has your numbers. When you get to the wee loch at the top, it's pretty much all down hill from there. All the best.

Hector, Allan and Katie------Hector has your numbers. A hard slog, but I know that you are up for it.

Kenny has the numbers for himself, Hendrie and Jocelyn. You are on the long one, the dreaded fourth leg. You are all well prepared for it and it's just a question of how quickly you will manage it.

Scott, Neil John and Jennifer M----Neil John has your numbers. We did this run on Monday and it is probably the roughest of the routes. From beach, brush, road and a mega steep downhill. you know it now an aree ready for it.

Charlie, David, self and Jennifer--I have the numbers (Kronenberg 1664, I believe). Jennifer you already have yours. WE have all been allocated a number here so again we may get a wee race going. David if I falter just stick afirst class stamp on my foreheid and run on.

The best of luck to all runners and don't take too many chances please, on rough terrain

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sat May 07, 2011 6:54 am

Good luck everyone, can't wait to get going now. :D
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Sun May 08, 2011 9:42 am

Well done and a huge thankyou to all of the individuals who made up the three CRC teams that took part yesterday. I hope that you all got as much of a "buzz" out of it as I did. Great crack last night as well at the Auld Clubhouse. Thanks Elaine for organising things.

Donald--what a stint you put in yesterday. We all had our own "marathons", but none more so than you. For anyone that doesn't know, DJD was stll at the Aqualibrium after seven o'clock last night, waiting for runners to come in, to record their times.

Oh!, I nearly forgot-----the course record is now back in Campbeltown! Well done guys. Even after the route change, you did yourselves proud.

Our ladies team managed to oust the other ladies team as well. Great effort girls.

As I said last night, it was fantastic to see the effort, determination, all round grit and team bonding yesterday. I was extremely proud to be part of it all.

As Hannibal says "I love it when a plan comes together"
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat