Running/Jogging in Campbeltown

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Running/Jogging in Campbeltown

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:12 am

I thought it was worth posting what a great sight it was last night to see so many runners out and about round the Quarry Green last night. Really is testament to those involved in running both Jog Scotland and Campbeltown Running Club that you see so many people out enjoying running!

I'll apologise to a couple of people who said hello and all I gave was an out of breath grunt of hello! Especially on the shore side where it was darker and hard to see. 8)

Campbeltown and South Kintyre must have the highest number of runners/joggers in comparison to anywhere in Argyll!! Here is a seed to plant!! This should be used to argue (along with athletics, young people, health etc) the case for a proper running track when the secondary school is eventually built/re-developed. Given the community are on the verge (fingers crossed!) of delivering the 3rd Generation Pitch on Kinloch Green the school in turn will in turn get a 2nd Generation Pitch to accommodate the wide range of sports suited to the PE curriculum so there is nothing wrong with our community having the best of everything and shouting for a running track too! Certainly for another day but something worth considering and I know has been mentioned at the Sports Council meetings before.

In the meantime happy running/jogging! It's certainly a great thing to see developing in Campbeltown and well done to all involved! 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Running/Jogging in Campbeltown

Postby DJD » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:49 am

Aye, you are right SCD about the runners( not keen on the word joggers,we all run, just at different speeds) that are out enjoying a great sport. The credit is and ONLY, has to go to the individual who gets off the couch in all weathers, heads out and runs with the rest.

To have a actual track for all,would see the start of a great future for next generations to come in the world of Athletics. Yes great food for thought.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat